06 Scion xB

A little help please?

I am wondering about something I hear alot of people talking about and want to know what it is. What is the big three?

I have a Sundown audio 1500.1, to a single 12, sub box tuned to 40 hz. Electrical setup is as follows, for right now at least, stock battery up front. With two runs of 4 guage back to kinetik 800, then to a 3 farad cap, then to fuse block and lastly amp. Ground wire on second battery, and capacitor are 0 guage. I know I need to upgrade to all 0 guage, that is coming. I ran outta money, but I am still running at 12.7 at full tilt. And that is at the amp. I am just looking for more db's anywhere I can get them.

Any help is and will be greatly appreciated.

Big 3 is as follows:

1) Alternator to battery + Cable

2) Battery to Chassis - Cable

3) Engine Block to Chassis - Cable

I usually run another cable engine block to battery as well.

An alternator to Chassis (-) Cable would hurt either.

Running 0 gauge from the main battery to the HC800 for both positive and negative will also help.

just so some newbies dont getconfused and injure themselves.... ^^^^^^ he means the alternator case to chassis, not the charging post!

Have a local shop rewind your alt for a little more amperage or look into an aftermarket unit. I can't live without them on my cars.

Yeah, the big three helps tremendously in some cars. In other cars it only helps a little. But like they always say, your electrical system is only as strong as its weakest link. Stock my car was charging at a very unsteady 13.7/13.8. When I added my new batteries it went to a steadier 14. Then I did the big three in all 0 gauge and it will charge at 14.5 in the mornings and once it warms up, 14.2 or so. It is extremely steady once it settles in.

The difference playing full tilt it nice too. Even if you did dedicated ground runs like I did, the beefier grounds under the hood still help because all the accessories in the car still use the chassis.

you'll notice an immediate difference especially with the upgraded battery ground and upgraded alternator line