Sign in to follow this  
ponchosnoop

Help new RE audio believer!

Can anyone help me out. I have a 2002 S-10 ext. cab and for my sub amp I have a Infinity 611a which is around 650 watts @2ohm. I want to use 3 RE RE-10D4 but someone suggested 2 SR-12D2. I listen to a lot of rap bass heavy music and I just sold my L7 12 for a CVX 12 then I found RE. The reason for wanting to use those subs is $. I can purchase either setup for $150. Will the 3 10's or 2 12's output match the L7 or CVX ? I need some serious help with this and what type of box, sealed or ported. Thanks

RE makes great gear.

Any of their 10s, if you use 3 of them, would more than likely be louder than your 1 12. I have used literally almost 100 of their RE line subs, mostly the 8s. They are pretty decent for the money, they have a good amount of stroke and work well ported or sealed. Personally, I preffered them ported, they have a real strong bottom end. For the 10s, figure about just under 1ft3 for each driver, tuned around 30Hz as a great all around alignment. You can go smaller, but you'll lose efficiency and need more power. In the alignment I am suggesting, anything more than 150-200 watts per driver is overkill and will push the subs to their mechanical limits.

Hey , thanks for the info but I thank my amp is going to around 220 Watts a speaker. Would what you recommened still work? Thanks.

Yes, it would work just fine. Just watch the volume, if you bottom out one of those subs, you'll definetly here it.... They make a pretty loud "clank".... I'm not sure if your amp has a Sub Sonic Filter, if it does, use it, that will help a little.

One of the problems with the RE series is they have alot of xmax and not a ton of xsup. But, if you bottom them out once or twice, don't freak out, they will usually be fine. Just don't repeat it over and over...

I had an SPL box I had built with 8 or the RE8 subs, it would do 143db on the Term Lab with 153 watts total for all 8 subs... In my 1978 Bronco.... That was roughly $320 worth of subs at the time and $200 worth of Alpine class A/B amp.... Not too shabby really....

maybe a single SE 12" (600w rms) in a ported 2 cube box @ 30-33hz would be a nice daily pounder