Sign in to follow this  
punkmutt1231

Help with Enclosure Build

I am getting an enclosure built this coming friday. I was wondering what the optimal enclosure size would be. I want it tuned to 32hz after displacement. Should it be double baffled on the face? I plan on going with a hatchback style box (sub up port back toward trunk). I was offered the option of "milkshaking" the box (resin mixture inside to seal better), it is 50 dollars more for that, so I figure I don't really need it.

The Sub:

Fi Bl 15" Fully Loaded.

Amp:

saz 1500d.

my trunk measures: 15hx33dx36w

I measured height from the trunk bars, so if it can fit between it would be roughly 3-4 inches higher.

Is the person building it also designing it, or are you asking for a design?

You have more than enough room. . .

With your dimensions, I would shoot for 4 ft^3 with 56-60 inches of port area.

he is going to design it, but i wanted to give him idea of what i want. and figure what trunk space I am using up also. but that was basicly what I was looking for. thanks!

well then again, i would like your idea.

he wants to make a hatchback style box...

what would the best bet be for loudness but not complete crap.

Sub direction and port direction. If you would make a design that would be great even

What vehicle, and how will it be positioned in the car?

You have a large depth, are you sure the box will go in? Sometimes a box may "fit", but be impossible to get in the car after it is built due to the limited size trunk opening.

Brian

well it is a 2000 chevy cavalier sedan. Obviously going into the trunk. I did have a 6.0 cu. ft. box in there at one time, and it just cleared the trunk, but did make it. The opening from the rear deck to backseat is ~16.5"

I will position the box according to the setup, but going to stay in trunk. Hatchback or no? or firing rear with port firing rear also?

well it is a 2000 chevy cavalier sedan. Obviously going into the trunk. I did have a 6.0 cu. ft. box in there at one time, and it just cleared the trunk, but did make it. The opening from the rear deck to backseat is ~16.5"

I will position the box according to the setup, but going to stay in trunk. Hatchback or no? or firing rear with port firing rear also?

actually sub forward and port back would work best if it is setup correctly

sub back port back with room for pass through.

or seal it from the trunk and fie the port and woofer into the cab if the seats fold down ...

and i would get the milk shake , structurally important

Edited by dwright27

sub back port back with room for pass through.

or seal it from the trunk and fie the port and woofer into the cab if the seats fold down ...

x2

I always like the sound of subs and port back. . .

there are so many options...

should i go with sub back port back then?

I can see about getting it to work, i'm not sure if it would.... if not, what is another good option...

I have my sub in my trunk w/ the sub facing up and the port in the rear of the box facing to the side of the trunk (driver's side).

Trevor (Thumpper from Pound That Sound) said that this positioning generally tends to be mic friendly and lower the peak frequency in vehicle a little bit.

DSC00157.jpg

the port is firing towards the left in this pic.

DSC00158.jpg

ok need urgent help

in the process of building a hatchback box. sub up port back.

i need to know how long the port should be. we figure it out to 50-60sq in of port, but all we need is the port length now. It is a 4.0cu ft. box.

Sign in to follow this