cjosisek90

Views on the 08 Pioneer head unit

i dont have the 08 model, but i have the premier 590, i think its same exept the earlier model, when i first got it i liked it. its got a nice eq, good hp/lp filters, the 22 rms output kept up with 1600rms subs, the rca voltage is nice too. but recently i have had a whine sound coming from my speakers and am hearin that its a big problem with pioneer and there pico fuse, and also i was at a comp a month ago and couldnt find a pause button on it, turns out i have to go through two or three menus to pause it. other than that i really like how you go through all the menus too

22rms keeping up with 1600wrms, ROFL.

laugh it up. but it didnt seem over powered untill i turned it up all the way so i guess it kept up with closer to 800rms. but now i have 105 rms per channel with 3000rms on a sub

Its a nice unit. And thats a hell of a price. I'd say yes. Go ahead. Its good for a middle of the road unit. Don't expect TOP of hte line quality out of a middle of the road unit tho. The menus work well. The ipod control is nice. In general its a nice unit.

laugh it up. but it didnt seem over powered untill i turned it up all the way so i guess it kept up with closer to 800rms. but now i have 105 rms per channel with 3000rms on a sub

My gains on my sub amp are pretty much on off and it can EASILY keep up with my front stage with has the capability of having 450w on it. I laughed for two reasons. First no way possible not at all, it was a complete joke. I expect your definition of keep up means playing 135dB at 50hz and your fronts playing 90dB at 100hz which isn't anywhere near keeping up. And second, you are describing it backwards as you should power your sub so that it can blend with the fronts not the other way around.

My gains on my sub amp are pretty much on off and it can EASILY keep up with my front stage with has the capability of having 450w on it. I laughed for two reasons. First no way possible not at all, it was a complete joke. I expect your definition of keep up means playing 135dB at 50hz and your fronts playing 90dB at 100hz which isn't anywhere near keeping up. And second, you are describing it backwards as you should power your sub so that it can blend with the fronts not the other way around.

i guess my deffinition is different. all a mean is i could hear words with all the bass, ive been in some ppls cars where they have 1000 rms sub with stock speakers on a new hu and all you here is bass

With Klein Horns, perhaps, anything short of that, doubtful :lol:

i dont have the 08 model, but i have the premier 590, i think its same exept the earlier model, when i first got it i liked it. its got a nice eq, good hp/lp filters, the 22 rms output kept up with 1600rms subs, the rca voltage is nice too. but recently i have had a whine sound coming from my speakers and am hearin that its a big problem with pioneer and there pico fuse, and also i was at a comp a month ago and couldnt find a pause button on it, turns out i have to go through two or three menus to pause it. other than that i really like how you go through all the menus too

The 600 is a nice head unit. I deal with them quite often at work. There's no pause button on the face, and Pioneer has always buried the pause option deep inside the menus. But, there's a pause button on the remote. The 600 has ASR, and Hi-Volt pre-outs, so it's proven itself, to me at least, as a capable unit when pushing a system, even when playing compressed audio.

Recommended retail for the unit is $279, $209 is what you'd normally pay for a 500UB.

Edited by Ferendon

The 600 is a nice head unit. I deal with them quite often at work. There's no pause button on the face, and Pioneer has always buried the pause option deep inside the menus. But, there's a pause button on the remote. The 600 has ASR, and Hi-Volt pre-outs, so it's proven itself, to me at least, as a capable unit when pushing a system, even when playing compressed audio.

Recommended retail for the unit is $279, $209 is what you'd normally pay for a 500UB.

My 590's remote doesnt. i wish it did

Sorry for the hijack, but has anyone ever used the Pioneer DEH-P800PRS? I want to upgrade the Jensen...

Sorry for the hijack, but has anyone ever used the Pioneer DEH-P800PRS? I want to upgrade the Jensen...

Do it.

Do it.

So...Buy it? I can get one for about $350...

If you are going to use it as the unit was intended for or even care anything about what the unit was intended for then yes get it.

That's the unit I'm putting in my car soon. There's not much out there that doesn't qualify as an upgrade from a Jensen.

That's the unit I'm putting in my car soon. There's not much out there that doesn't qualify as an upgrade from a Jensen.

Uhhh, yeah... I get that a lot. Let me know how you like it.

i have the 08 model. i was happy with it until i got a big system. this unit doesnt have a good anti skip. if you going to be making alot of vibrations invest in an ipod or a better deck. alot of features on this unit though. not bad for the money.

Eddie G