chevy454

RE Audio XXX

its a great sub and "better" depends on tons of things....so yes and no.

your question is very vague.

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

i meant is there anything better for a LSQ sub...sorry for that

i heard that some people liked the mx over the xxx

Edited by Tony Harrell

i meant is there anything better for a LSQ sub...sorry for that

I have one on the way and will start testing need week I'll post the news.

Better? That is heavily dependent on the install. The latest version of the XXX is very expensive and a small handful of people have them or have much experience with them due to that.

oh ok well i guess that scratch that sub off the list...im starting to look at some LSQ subs since i was told that three btl 15's might be overkill in a trunk...this is what i want..

1. real deep bass but with some sq

2. if i can have more cone area than four 12's

How big of a trunk are we talking here. Getting 4 12s into a runk with proper airspace is no small feat. More cone area means more airspace needed. Unless you're talking something like a Crown Vic, Town Car, or Caprice/Impala, I don't think you'll have nearly enough room.

well if sq is one of your wants Btl's are out of the picture....

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

well if sq is one of your wants Btl's are out of the picture....

That's an ignorant statement

a guy told me a while back that the 06 model xxx is one of the best S.Q.L. subs on the market

Edited by Tony Harrell

Ive owned subs with "poor sound quality" and herd sound quality subs...when the volume is turned up it makes no diff what sub you have if the enclosure it is in (vehicle\room not box) rattles to all hell anyway. If you are not going for all out sound quality i would not split hairs over drivers. get one that is priced well, handles the power you want to use and is priced in your range.

Im sure im going to be eaten alive for that statement esp made on this of all forums but lets see if anyone else shares my opinion. I am by no means saying that a SPL driver will sound as good as a SQ driver but when you start getting to the point stuff rattles as long as the sub has "decent" sound quality i cant see the average person telling the diff.

Im talking everyday installs here folks.

Edited by ddeitz

i own a 06+ re xxx 12 and it hit low as a mother. i have yet to hear a 12 go as low as the re xxx. the only trade off is it really doesn't capture the higher end of the low freq. i played 10 hertz test tones on it and took everything my amp had and it never once started to smell, not once the whole year i had it. i have the dp21 even though it is louder it doesn't come close to getting as low as the re xxx. it's always warm bass not boomy or sloppy but clean and pretty gosh darn loud the lower you go. also the excursion on it is incredible. i thought it was going to break after it threw the cone up about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. all in all it's a great sub but would work better in pairs and a little bit more than rated power would really bring it out.

i own a 06+ re xxx 12 and it hit low as a mother. i have yet to hear a 12 go as low as the re xxx. the only trade off is it really doesn't capture the higher end of the low freq. i played 10 hertz test tones on it and took everything my amp had and it never once started to smell, not once the whole year i had it. i have the dp21 even though it is louder it doesn't come close to getting as low as the re xxx. it's always warm bass not boomy or sloppy but clean and pretty gosh darn loud the lower you go. also the excursion on it is incredible. i thought it was going to break after it threw the cone up about 1 1/2 to 2 inches. all in all it's a great sub but would work better in pairs and a little bit more than rated power would really bring it out.

what kind of box did you have???