LeXuS

Plz help with setup. 15" Bl

I'm kinda a noob when it comes to all the technical stuff about subwoofers, so I'm looking for some help.

I have a 96 Lexus ES300 and I want to put in a 15" Fi BL. The trunk is huge, but I think one should be enough for me since I would just be using it for daily use.

After looking around on these forums, I think I will try to get a Sundown SAE-1200D or a SAZ-1500D.

Can someone please tell me exactly what else would be needed to run this setup?? (i.e. best enclosure, wiring??)

- I listen to mainly rap as well as some rock.

Thanks

if your going to build your own box and if this is also your first build then you should try out a sealed box first and see how you like that. i'd go with an extra battery. do the big 3 upgrade with 0 gauge wires. look under FI's technical section and see what they say is a good size for a sealed 15" BL.

it isn't recommended to seal a BL.

Building a ported box really isn't hard. Just ask for someone to build you a design and a cut sheet. The 15" BL likes 4.0cuft.

DO NOT run that bl is a sealed box... you WILL NOT be happy... IT WILL BE a waste of money and time

i didnt know its not recommended to run them in sealed boxes. listen to bigjon, he knows what he's doing and he has had experience with them already.

people love the q's sealed....

the bl's are great subs... good sound tons of bass...... the nightshades are crazy loud.... but imo not a super musical sub....

Thanks for the replies.

I will look into the big 3 more and do that.

So here is what I need:

- Fi 15" Bl with ....what options? (cooling, flatwind?)

- SAE-1200D Sundown Amp

- Another battery?

Anything else?

I'm hooking this all up to my Pioneer FH-P8000BT.

yes add cooling and flatwind. i doubt your gonna need an extra battery. whats your electrical look like right now?