Chevy350TPI

Fine Woodworking

walmart has boxes for $14.95.peso's

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

OUCH! Low blow for some fine Canadian craftsmanship eh? :lol:

Here's a hint; find a bunch of those damn Canadian coins we Americans just hate top get all the freaking time, and put them in abig bag and send them his way. At least HE can use them.

well bro....if your intersted i could use an entertianment center before to long....will get back to u w/ a design as soon as i get the specs on my new tv i'll be getting.....any idea as to how much something like that would cost to ship? i know u have a way to ship from the states steve......that whole dual citizenship thing has to come in handy.......anyways bro...let me know....im pretty good at designing this kind of thing......so if u ever want something designed let me know.......it does get pretty boring here around my place.....and seeing as i took 2 years of drafting in highschool i should know how to do all of this stuff....yay.....later,

walmart has boxes for $14.95.peso's

OUCH! Low blow for some fine Canadian craftsmanship eh? :lol:

Here's a hint; find a bunch of those damn Canadian coins we Americans just hate top get all the freaking time, and put them in abig bag and send them his way. At least HE can use them.

it was meant as a low ball...not low blow...lmao..i'm not trying to dog his craftmanship, i have no doubt in that...hehe...i was just trying to figure out somethig that was worth less then the canadain dollar and pesos popped into my head...lol

steve, don't listen to ryan...lol....he's just tryin to get me in trouble! not that i need any help....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Lol @ pesos. Kent, it is my guess that the mirror + velvet + engraving will cost more than the wood itself.

Mike, a large entertainment center would cost more to ship than it would to build. If you went with a very nice oak plywood, cost would be less than $130 in wood material. Perhaps only $65 if it only needed one sheet. That stuff is really, really heavy ... not to mention shipping on an oversize item (freight) all the way down south.

Lol @ pesos.  Kent, it is my guess that the mirror + velvet + engraving will cost more than the wood itself.

Mike, a large <a href="entertainment%20center" onmouseover="window.status='entertainment center'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">entertainment center</a> would cost more to ship than it would to build.  If you went with a very nice <a href="oak%20plywood" onmouseover="window.status='oak plywood'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">oak plywood</a>, cost would be less than $130 in wood material.  Perhaps only $65 if it only needed one sheet.  That stuff is really, really heavy ... not to mention shipping on an oversize item (freight) all the way down south.

Kent should have some nice mirror scraps you could use. :D

actually..i will have a few pieces of acrylic mirror left over steve, ryan is right!

it's 1/8" thick...

whatcha think?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

1/8" is ideal ... can flush it right into the top.

Nick wants a 12" x 10" mirror on his lid, I don't know if you want the same or not.

lemme get the pieces cut out for ryan...and i'll see if i can't send u the rest!!!

i want the same as nick..

but how come noone will tell me the price??

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yeah, see what you have left over from that acrylic.

I'll probably take a trip to WalMart to see what they have there before I go take a trip to a local glass place and have them cut it.

Nick and I haven't even decided on a price yet. I don't imagine the wood being more than 20-40 bucks per box, 5 bucks per box velvet, 5 or so bucks for the engraved plate. I'll be hunting down a nice red stain for you.

Wood%20Swatches%20-%20Cherry,%20Brazilian%201.jpg

Or something similar.

Cherry wood look really nice, but that's five times the price of pine. At least five times. :P

alrighty...i'll get ryan's pieces cut..and get ahold of u to get this acrylic shipped to ya!

if u want it..

and thanks!

OUCH!  Low blow for some fine Canadian craftsmanship eh? :lol:

Here's a hint;  find a bunch of those damn Canadian coins we Americans just hate top get all the freaking time, and put them in abig bag and send them his way.  At least HE can use them.

hee hee hee.... I think i have a few cups of those. hmmmm

Yeah, see what you have left over from that acrylic.

I'll probably take a trip to WalMart to see what they have there before I go take a trip to a local glass place and have them cut it.

Nick and I haven't even decided on a price yet.  I don't imagine the wood being more than 20-40 bucks per box, 5 bucks per box velvet, 5 or so bucks for the engraved plate.  I'll be hunting down a nice red stain for you.

Or something similar.

Cherry wood look really nice, but that's five times the price of pine.  At least five times. :P

Sorry for being absent all weekend.

I was figuring you'd let me know a price that you'd like. I also didn't know if you wanted them posted a la public. I 'spose I'll pm yah.

-Nick

so what ur sayin steve is it would probably be cheaper to buy it locally huh? heh.....ohh well.....i still say u need to move down here w/ ur wife's family so i could come and pick the stuff up and jus imagine all the hell we could raise if u lived in tulsa.......

Yeah Mike ... you and I would have a good time, that's for sure.

And my guess is that it would be cheaper to get locally. Shipping alone would be more than the cost of the piece itself ... my guess.