bngblzr

RE SR 10's

How are the RE SR's? i have 4 that i want to put in my 97 S-10 Blazer. My whole system was just stolen. i bought 4 because that's all they had. i intend to do 8 all together. Ported to 35Hz as they suggest. I had 4 Pioneer ts-w306 DVC's and that was LOUD. I want to be louder than that. I went with 10's because the sound cleaner and i can do more of them so the "show" factor will be a little better. And EVERYONE in Lansing Has "4 12's" and i wanted to be different and do 8 10's :) So what do you think? decent subs? i hope :/

well just got 2 of my 4 10's installed in a custom ported box and there really loud 4 10's very nice.. they just hate lows (ie Young Jezzy - put on. the lowest set bottoms out) subsonic filter for the win...

I guess i was a little late on this, but i just installed a pair of SR10's in a friends G35 last week. each sub is barely getting over .3 of a cube sealed. Taking that into consideration, they get pretty loud, sound nice, and hit lows decently considering the size of the box. IMO they were not far off from an identical install using an Image Dynamics IDQ10v3 that i did in a similar car. Given the right amount of airspace i actually think that they would romp the ID. What s the box that you have tuned to?

my locla shop built it for me 2 cubes considering displacement. tuned to 35Hz. i need a subsonic filter... BAD anything reall low and they bottom out. other than that they are LOUD! i had 4 12's see sig and i pretty sure 4 of these 10's will be louder :)

If you like the lows I would go for a lower tune...28-30hz for the 4

It looks like the box in your sig did not have enough port area...

Rule of thumb is 12-16 square inches per cu ft of box, for the SR's you could probably aim more for the low end 12-14

Edited by weasle421

Good subs for the money. And yes they get loud. I just bought a pair to audition.

SR 10's are nice little subs for the money.

I have (4) of them for sale if you are interested. Just pulled them out of a sealed install that was doing low 140's at 34 Hz in a std cab silverado. PM me if interested.

Brian

yea the box for all 4 is gonna be tuned LOW. like 27-30 Hz. and that port in my sig was amazing... GOT LOW and LOUD. but somebody stole it.... damn theives.. :(

yeah that port looks a bit small for 4 12s

i love thhe sound of SRs.

no new pics yet.. just finished the box for my buddies 4 RE SR 15's. NICE subs ;). We start on my box tomorrow...

and as far as the port in my sig goes, thats what the subs want? small but worked. i miss my old subs :(