mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

off to drive home order a new PJ screen tear apart a billairds table and find me an AR.

=)

new Camaro pricing has been announced (check my thread), and today is the first day you can place an order

I know no one here is planning on getting one, but :fyi:

I plan on buying a '69

Think you can give me a hand with finding one in decent condition ? :drink40:

I can try, but you're either going to find a decent deal on a rust bucket that needs a ton of work or pay out the ass for a car in good condition

For now I'm mostly thinking about how much will one that needs work will cost me so I can start saving up (easier to save money if I have a certain goal)

The 69 is on the top of the list of what i'd like. 67-68 are in a close second. Are those easier to find and / or cheaper ? Not looking for those special series and engine codes. I don't care about getting matching numbers. :D

Something with a small engine since, along the lines of yours :)

They made the most '69s, but they will be the most expensive, as Sean said.

It's getting fairly rare to find an original 6-cylinder car, they all have V8s in them by now.

For some reason I thought the 6-cylinder is cheaper / easier to find.

Cheaper, yes

IIRC, they actually made fewer 6 cylinder cars

Also, looking at the whole deal, it's something I will only do once and would preffer to get just what I was looking for :)

A rustier 69 could do, if it's something fixable. I don't know if it is possible to find body parts for those. As far as shipping goes, there are a lot of guys over here who import cars from the US (haven't seen too many muscle's imported though)

Just thinking out loud. I really want to take my time and analyze my options.

Yep, all body parts are reproduced, but as always, they will need fitment work

Fitment work should be easier than fixing rusted panels ?

Usually

This is a 2-lane road actually pretty close to Dave's house, few weeks ago before the leaves started changing...I'll have to keep it in mind for the spring, would be a cool ride on a motorcycle, though the brakes on the van were not liking the way down at all.

roadue2.jpg

This is a 2-lane road actually pretty close to Dave's house, few weeks ago before the leaves started changing...I'll have to keep it in mind for the spring, would be a cool ride on a motorcycle, though the brakes on the van were not liking the way down at all.

*snip*

is that how we went to WV?

that drive was quite amazing as well

I'll have to get some pics from the area near the Hoover Dam next trip to Vegas, some really cool stuff up there

Nah, different road...the one to WV actually went someplace :P

I expected to be 1500-3000 depending on the style and what goodies I do spring for.

All I know is that JP trigger set was freaking AMAZING. 4 lbs I think. smoother than butter. I bet it would be no problem to toss 2 down lane without any thought.

my armalite 2stage trigger is easily in the 4pd range, and danny (the guy who owns the shop) did a quickie trigger tune. OMG, lol. it's slick as shit and never even been fired. i can't wait to throw a few hundred down range!!

i'll get some pics up here directly of the collection, and the 4 (or 5) new goodies that have never been photographed!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

shit, i really should take some pics if/when i go home, especially from the water tower. I think minji has some pics on her comp, i'll load up some sometime

we don't really have any roads like that..though i can go look! in the cooper, top down!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

we don't really have any roads like that..though i can go look! in the cooper, top down!

All the more reason to get down here and do the Parkway/Deal's Gap/whatever else we can find :D

anyone else find it funny that the guy wanting the fisher box with 1/2" mdf

a) actually thinks it'll be a performance difference

b) has 30+ years of experience and built his $40k+ home system but needs someone else to build a 1.6cube box?

Didn't see that thread, but considering how much shit has been popping up here I can't say that I am surprised.

All the more reason to get down here and do the Parkway/Deal's Gap/whatever else we can find :D

i hear ya! we are supposed to be going to NC soon..but like every other time this shit is supposed to happen...i know we need to get out, she's very stressed right now. would be good for her.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Nah, different road...the one to WV actually went someplace :P

WV constitutes as "someplace"?

:blink:

anyone else find it funny that the guy wanting the fisher box with 1/2" mdf

a) actually thinks it'll be a performance difference

b) has 30+ years of experience and built his $40k+ home system but needs someone else to build a 1.6cube box?

Didn't see that thread, but considering how much shit has been popping up here I can't say that I am surprised.

It's people like that who are the Fitards of 120V :(

here's some pics of the views we have, i don't have any pics of the roads

P5240193.jpg

P6070201.jpg

what I have to drive home through:

img2507copyzp9.jpg

pukes lol

u should see the colors of the leaves down here... lol

/\ that picture wasn't a scenic place, just the street I live on.

500 feet away from the above

smallimg2530copysy8.jpg

smallimg2528copykj2.jpg

Backyard and driveway

Yeah, I know I should step out of the car to take a picture, but wth at least I posted some.

car parts arrived today :woot: :woot:

Kent, YGPM

as do you!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: