mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I'm not too keen on the automotive forum being directly linked to the other place.  I'd rather just view our threads here.  Not happy about that.

our threads are still here, they are in the OT section :fing34:

SS looks the same to me, tried to register on CYV just to see but since they make you register right away I am still waiting my email.

I built the Galaxie's engine when I was 15 with no help, I did have a little labor help but from a very non-mechanical person.  I just read a few books and manuals and ripped the motor out apart and slammed her back together.

To get 400hp reliably you won't need to spend $1k on machining, but surely will if you shoot for 500.  Really a bore/hone should be all you need.  For $3k you should be able to do the whole build and get a set of better heads.  I have no idea on the induction system on any GM, but I would imagine some minor changes could take care of the front end and your recent cats/exhaust should take care of the back.

What power does your car have stock?

this isn't for the Impala at all

this is for the Camaro which i'm still not sure i'll be getting but i really hope i do lol

it's the straight-6 car i told you about a while ago

Really a bore/hone should be all you need.  For $3k you should be able to do the whole build and get a set of better heads.  I

What power does your car have stock?

SHould be all you need if you're lucky. Hell the block cleaning alone will probably run at least $300. Assuming your block is okay and you want to stay at 350 cubes, eh, screw it. We could go on forever on this.

I'm not too keen on the automotive forum being directly linked to the other place.  I'd rather just view our threads here.  Not happy about that.

I see that now, but it was best with the automotive subforum. Now I have to search to find threads. Speaking of, why does our search function blow ass?

I'm one to agree with this...

I'm one to agree with this...

I hadn't realized that yet either, perhaps a little to inbred.

We could go on forever on this.

Ryan, Touche! So many options...

Tom, I wasn't infering that $3k for that was a bad deal at all, but since you have an open slate to paint on it wouldn't be the route that I would choose. *grins as he pictures a Ford powerplant hiding under the hood*

I see that now, but it was best with the automotive subforum. Now I have to search to find threads. Speaking of, why does our search function blow ass?

do you use the Advanced Search option? i get much, much better results with that

We could go on forever on this.

Ryan, Touche! So many options...

Tom, I wasn't infering that $3k for that was a bad deal at all, but since you have an open slate to paint on it wouldn't be the route that I would choose. *grins as he pictures a Ford powerplant hiding under the hood*

no way in hell a Furd block is going under that hood

since it's a straight-6 car, i dont even have a block to work with

i mean i could find one from a junk yard or something but with cleaning and all that would it really be that much cheaper than a new block?

im open to the idea of building my own engine if you guys think i could do it, just want a reliable engine for it that i dont have to worry about

Crate engines are easy, can be bought smog-legal (big plus), and have great reliability depending upon the builder.

Crate engines are easy, can be bought smog-legal (big plus), and have great reliability depending upon the builder.

I dont think I need to worry about emissions in a car from 1967

TGIF

O hell yes. Long weekend ahead of me though :(

Still a weekend, mine is starting out with a Red Stripe.

Mine is starting out with Burgers and door panels, and USPS giving me a bunch of crap.

Going to put the short shifter in tomorrow if I am lucky.

Get to drive the newer van around town tomorrow deliviering and setting up chit, but that's fine because I'll be getting paid for it.

can someone stop my brother from playing this stupidass bubba sparxx song?

I'll light yo ass on fiyah.

Going to go get my xrays now. Should be interesting. If it's more than a 10 minute wait, I'm out of there. If the nurse is ugly or a bitch, she's going to hear about it ... because I really don't want to be there in the first place. I can just see there being an issue with security already :rolleyes:

I'll light yo ass on fiyah.

Going to go get my xrays now.  Should be interesting.  If it's more than a 10 minute wait, I'm out of there.  If the nurse is ugly or a female dog, she's going to hear about it ... because I really don't want to be there in the first place.  I can just see there being an issue with security already :rolleyes:

good luck, have fun

if you kill anyone, take pics

lol. Hey nurse prepping me, you're ugly. Now take my xray beeyotch.