mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Dad and I are going to Wichita tomorrow to Boeing's Surplus sale, never know what your going to find there. :)

You mean Spirit Aero's surplus sale, Boeing hasn't been in Wichita for 2 years.

Crap, I realized I hadn't yet kept my promise to you Tom.

Well, this stopped our "check out the bearings only" dissassembly.

img1677uo3.jpg

Only 50 miles on the rebuild and already into the copper on main #3, #1 was nearly there and we didn't pull the rest as he might sell the engine as a short block whole. :(

I don't know if you can see the wear in the honing marks, but I will tell you that the last time I pulled apart a 150k mi 3.5 Bm'er engine it didn't look this worn and this bitch only has 50 miles. The honing marks were still there, but the grooves worn into them makes me wonder.

img1671el3.jpg

:( :( :(

Still not sure what Josh wants to do.

Just a heads up, I am cleaning house...

Everything if for sale over on crap audio.com

Just got done driving the Chevelle, I love that car. :)

i bet so. i wanna take a lil ride in one of those :)

Its a nice car to ride/drive in, original 396/325hp so its not exactly fast but it does get out of its own way. Needless to say I'm smart enough not to go try and drag race it, I have a pretty good idea on how many new factory cars would beat it/give a run for its money, and its a lot.

I just love driving it, it handles great, awesome throttle response, decent brakes, drives straight, etc, etc. I just can't figure out why I haven't driven a car that I enjoy driving as much as the Chevelle, I've driven lots faster cars, just not one thats as nice to drive.

Its Olympic Gold with black stripes down the side, looks pretty nice still too. There are a few pictures floating around the site if you are good with the search function.

My 68 Galaxie was by far the most comfortable car I have ever owned. By far.

it was also the largest, right?

Crap, I realized I hadn't yet kept my promise to you Tom.

Well, this stopped our "check out the bearings only" dissassembly.

img1677uo3.jpg

Only 50 miles on the rebuild and already into the copper on main #3, #1 was nearly there and we didn't pull the rest as he might sell the engine as a short block whole. :(

I don't know if you can see the wear in the honing marks, but I will tell you that the last time I pulled apart a 150k mi 3.5 Bm'er engine it didn't look this worn and this bitch only has 50 miles. The honing marks were still there, but the grooves worn into them makes me wonder.

img1671el3.jpg

:( :( :(

Still not sure what Josh wants to do.

ouch, sounds like someone really didn't know how to rebuild it

at least you found the problems instead of assuming the engine was ok

Just a heads up, I am cleaning house...

Everything if for sale over on crap audio.com

But we deserve first shot man!!!!!!!!!

Hell, in the traditional Armenian church Easter isn't until April anyway...

Just got done driving the Chevelle, I love that car. :)

i bet so. i wanna take a lil ride in one of those :)

Its a nice car to ride/drive in, original 396/325hp so its not exactly fast but it does get out of its own way. Needless to say I'm smart enough not to go try and drag race it, I have a pretty good idea on how many new factory cars would beat it/give a run for its money, and its a lot.

I just love driving it, it handles great, awesome throttle response, decent brakes, drives straight, etc, etc. I just can't figure out why I haven't driven a car that I enjoy driving as much as the Chevelle, I've driven lots faster cars, just not one thats as nice to drive.

Its Olympic Gold with black stripes down the side, looks pretty nice still too. There are a few pictures floating around the site if you are good with the search function.

My 68 Galaxie was by far the most comfortable car I have ever owned. By far.

it was also the largest, right?

Not the comfortable portion I was referring to, really the seating position and seats. The ride was tough but that is due to solid body mounts and 800lb oval track springs in the front. I was a bit of a noob when I tried to make that bish handle.

Big easter plans consist of going to the show tomorrow followed shortly after by a work trip to Florida :)

post.

What happened to your Avatar, Jim?

Moderator abuse :D

I'll put something back there later...

Personally I thought you actually liked to hump small animals.

?

Do I have to check my signature or something? :D

florida! nice, I'm going to AZ on the 4th of april for a little while. I can't wait. Some places here in MN might get another 6 inches!

Bah!

BTW has anyone here tested out the new 2009 CTS for comfort level? I've been wantign to get in one but most dealers are selling them as fast as they coem in with nothing on the show/test drive.

Holy carp its snowing here. 3" already and it isn't supposed to stop for another 24 hours :)

Holy carp its snowing here. 3" already and it isn't supposed to stop for another 24 hours :)

You're in the souther part of the cities, Tonka or in that area right? I heard the southern cities here will be the worst. I'm still at work downtown and it's piling up. Glad I took the expo in today, I hope the GF can drive in when she gets off.