mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Sean, how are the boys doing? I bet they are growing fast and keeping mom and dad busy.

And today its keeping dad busy. Mom is in Tempe, AZ on a business trip. Yay. I now know what I put her through. SHIT.

She's not buying a boat? :P

Funny. Good memory.

Amusingly I may have to go there next week even though they wanted me there this week. Intel has some troubles I can help with, but I can't travel atm. If we had more time to prepare perhaps we could have found a nanny or service for during the day and brought mini-me 1 and 2.l

I'll buy you lunch--at some Asian drive thru. :lol:

Asian drive thru is something we don't have here.

Bet you wish you had Eegees. I always forget Eegees is only in az, or tucson. They make awesome sub sandwiches like subway only there good, and frozen/icy fruit drinks.

Completely unrelated to Asian food, aside from it being food.

Edited by stefanhinote

WTH, I edited my post, and it shows the ugly edited bar now. I didn't have it set on, board upgrade, something weird going on?

test for ugly edit bar.

ahh shit.

Edited by stefanhinote

No worries Stefan. We all make typo's and I think you are right about the update. I do not eat out much, but enjoy a sub every now and then.

The boys must be working dad over tonight. Good luck Sean, when the boys team up you will tire first. Trust me I know.

WTH, I edited my post, and it shows the ugly edited bar now. I didn't have it set on, board upgrade, something weird going on?

test for ugly edit bar.

ahh shit.

I noticed the edit bar was showing up for other people as well earlier today

Edit: mine does too

Edited by Luke.H

I just gotta decide what to do when i get out.

Sean, honestly how much stock is taken into consideration on experience versus a degree?

J

IF the experience matches it is way more important. A degree is a huge plus and a filter for many HR departments though

Now that being said, is it better to be working your way to a degree with a decently known school when you apply, or better to buy a diploma from a 'college'??

J

Can't compare an apple and an orange. If you mean first reaction to your resume, the better school wins, if you mean in an interview that will depend on you.

Wear long sleeves, cover tats.

Thats why all my ink can be hidden in long sleeves. While tattoos and piercings are becoming more acceptable in main stream America, they are still not accepted by all.

Sean what I mean is with alot of experience but a lack of time for school (or not taking the time too) is it better to have almost 10 years experience and a 'no name' college degree, OR 10 years experience and a decent schools degree but a break between your experience and your diploma?

Basically I am debating on a 'no name' diploma to 'compliment' my experience. I am not saying I am a GREAT person at my job, but I am certainly above average. I just want to make the right call for my future, because I honestly cannot see staying in with how the job has changed. I have ZERO problems with constant travel, switching time zones daily, or multiple times a day. I love dealing with people who at least have a slight idea of whats going on, and helping people identify the problem and implimenting the steps to resolving the issue.

J

Well I must confess, I have been cleaning saltwater tanks for the past couple months to buy some new subs. Today I have collected enough to order these subs.

test for ugly edit bar.

ahh shit.

I noticed the edit bar was showing up for other people as well earlier today

Edit: mine does too

:bull:

Well I must confess, I have been cleaning saltwater tanks for the past couple months to buy some new subs. Today I have collected enough to order these subs.

For the car, or HT?

Jersey Shore wants to film their new show in Jersey Shore PA. May be interesting to see what happens.

I just gotta decide what to do when i get out.

Sean, honestly how much stock is taken into consideration on experience versus a degree?

J

IF the experience matches it is way more important. A degree is a huge plus and a filter for many HR departments though

Now that being said, is it better to be working your way to a degree with a decently known school when you apply, or better to buy a diploma from a 'college'??

J

Can't compare an apple and an orange. If you mean first reaction to your resume, the better school wins, if you mean in an interview that will depend on you.

Wear long sleeves, cover tats.

Thats why all my ink can be hidden in long sleeves. While tattoos and piercings are becoming more acceptable in main stream America, they are still not accepted by all.

Sean what I mean is with alot of experience but a lack of time for school (or not taking the time too) is it better to have almost 10 years experience and a 'no name' college degree, OR 10 years experience and a decent schools degree but a break between your experience and your diploma?

Basically I am debating on a 'no name' diploma to 'compliment' my experience. I am not saying I am a GREAT person at my job, but I am certainly above average. I just want to make the right call for my future, because I honestly cannot see staying in with how the job has changed. I have ZERO problems with constant travel, switching time zones daily, or multiple times a day. I love dealing with people who at least have a slight idea of whats going on, and helping people identify the problem and implimenting the steps to resolving the issue.

J

Yep yep.

For the car, or HT?

They will go in my truck, but may end up in my theater, down the road.

The boys must be working dad over tonight. Good luck Sean, when the boys team up you will tire first. Trust me I know.

Ha, no, was busy shopping for houses and got really distracted.

Are you still thinking of selling?

Edited by nem

J, I have no idea what your experience is in, what your degree would be in, nor what you would be applying for. A generic answer is like a rule of thumb...not accurate.

I tried before, but if you want more feedback I'll need to know more as well.

The one thing is for sure, I will always try to hire the best person for the job. That means I'll take some calculated risk, but that depends also on the other candidates.

Weird.

edit test.

God dammit.

Edited by stefanhinote

The search was helpful in that it put me at ease with our potential projects. I will finish our current house as cheap as possible without cutting obvious corners. When its somewhat market ready we'll test the waters and if it goes I'll move. If it doesn't I'll shop for love at first site.

There is one house that is a temporary stepping stone that may expedite the process, but I doubt it.

As you can see the edit bar shows up when you hit the edit button.

The search was helpful in that it put me at ease with our potential projects. I will finish our current house as cheap as possible without cutting obvious corners. When its somewhat market ready we'll test the waters and if it goes I'll move. If it doesn't I'll shop for love at first site.

Good luck Sean, I hope you get what you want and find what you are after. My house is 6 years away from being paid off. Bought it for 62.5k and current value is 116k, so maybe when the market comes back I may sell too.

No more RUM for the night TOP!

Time for night sweats.

What are you having?

Time for night sweats.

What are you having?

Nothing tonight, just getting over being sick again.