mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

They indicted two of the Duke lacrosse players today on rape charges...not surprised at any of this, I went to high school with that kind of jackass, and even then people were surprised when their little darlings were caught doing weed, or our prom party was raided, or someone's younger sister was sexually assaulted (the latter incident was brushed under the rug real fast, but he wasn't nicknamed 'Kobe' for no reason in particular). Only one person, a midfielder, actually made the Duke team last year from Durham Academy, but the mentality is the same anywhere you go. Yuppity private schools doing absolutely nothing to instill any sense of responsibility or common sense.

Sorry for the rant, but I caught a little of this on ESPN last night, and it hits close to me as I dealt with these kinds of people for four years.

i want to just stay here and whore the HoP and read car magazines, but no, it's an attendence required class

Attendance required class?

That's for lewsers.

That's for lewsers.

If you showed up for all of my labs and most (miss maybe one or two) lectures, you passed.

They indicted two of the Duke lacrosse players today on rape charges...not surprised at any of this, I went to high school with that kind of jackass, and even then people were surprised when their little darlings were caught doing weed, or our prom party was raided, or someone's younger sister was sexually assaulted (the latter incident was brushed under the rug real fast, but he wasn't nicknamed 'Kobe' for no reason in particular). Only one person, a midfielder, actually made the Duke team last year from Durham Academy, but the mentality is the same anywhere you go. Yuppity private schools doing absolutely nothing to instill any sense of responsibility or common sense.

Sorry for the rant, but I caught a little of this on ESPN last night, and it hits close to me as I dealt with these kinds of people for four years.

I know how the yuppity private school people go. I too had to deal with that. I think the east coast douches are more douchey than the west coast ones though.

That's for lewsers.

hey, it aint my rule

That's for lewsers.

If you showed up for all of my labs and most (miss maybe one or two) lectures, you passed.

You need to come teach here Steve.

Yuppity private schools doing absolutely nothing to instill any sense of responsibility or common sense.

:foshizzle:

I know how the yuppity private school people go.  I too had to deal with that.  I think the east coast douches are more douchey than the west coast ones though.

Same thing my roommate told me last year...west coast lacrosse is the ugly red-headed stepchild, so the douchebags weren't as prevelent.

I'd write notes on my lab reports...

Professor Steve is hawt :wub:

I know how the yuppity private school people go.  I too had to deal with that.  I think the east coast douches are more douchey than the west coast ones though.

Same thing my roommate told me last year...west coast lacrosse is the ugly red-headed stepchild, so the douchebags weren't as prevelent.

yeah, lacrosse on the left coast really isnt anything like lacrosse over there

here, it's just for fun, it's like a freakin cult over there

You need to come teach here Steve.

I'm pretty easy going when it comes to class. I just really don't believe in standing in front of a class and talking for an hour. I didn't cut classes, but I fell alseep and didn't pay attention ... so I expect nothing has changed now.

I do respect the older profs, they know what they're talking about. However, I think that a little excitement is needed once in a while - $xx,xxx a year to be taught everything you need to know about the courses you're taking, and you bet your ass I'm going to give you the $xxxx worth of material you paid me to teach in however way each student learn best.

Loans/mortgage chick over at the bank's put on some weight in the past few months...had to reactivate my debit card today. She used to have that really cute baby-face look, but she's gone about 10lbs. over what looks really hot to what looks...ehhh.

Needs to be porked more regularly, certainly.

np: springsteen - downbound train

Just got back from the interview. I don't think I interview too well. The last 3 I've been on, the people have told me I'm too cocky. I have to tell them it's not cockiness, it's CONFIDENCE. I know I know my shit, and I am more than competent for the job. If I were in there shoes, that would be something I'd want out of a potential employee, not a timid, mindless soul.

Oh well, looks like Mobile Dynamics it is.

I know how the yuppity private school people go. I too had to deal with that. I think the east coast douches are more douchey than the west coast ones though.

Both coasts are more douchey than the midwest, but even here a lot of those pr1cks eff stuff up.

Loans/mortgage chick over at the bank's put on some weight in the past few months...had to reactivate my debit card today. She used to have that really cute baby-face look, but she's gone about 10lbs. over what looks really hot to what looks...ehhh.

Needs to be porked more regularly, certainly.

You just have to make her do ALL the work.

Just got back from the interview.  I don't think I interview too well.  The last 3 I've been on, the people have told me I'm too cocky.  I have to tell them it's not cockiness, it's CONFIDENCE.  I know I know my shit, and I am more than competent for the job.  If I were in there shoes, that would be something I'd want out of a potential employee, not a timid, mindless soul.

Confidence in an interview is a good thing, I look at interviews as to see whether or not I want the job as I assume they want me.

:( Brake pads are kinda steep.

What did you buy? I'm running the EBC green stuff and they were pricey back when I got them, but they've lasted me 3 years so far.

Ryan...

Would it be possible to go out on your own, or is that not feasible...

Having that spunk is a definite asset as a small business owner...

Just got back from the interview.  I don't think I interview too well.  The last 3 I've been on, the people have told me I'm too cocky.  I have to tell them it's not cockiness, it's CONFIDENCE.  I know I know my shit, and I am more than competent for the job.  If I were in there shoes, that would be something I'd want out of a potential employee, not a timid, mindless soul.

Confidence in an interview is a good thing, I look at interviews as to see whether or not I want the job as I assume they want me.

I wish it were that way for me. This apprenticeship is the Top Gun of the electrical field. They literally have thousands of applicants each year and an availability of 30 apprentices. I've been lucky to make it this far; it's the final stage. Been drawn out since last August. I just wish I had a clue as to how they thought I fared in the interview. Who knows. If I get it, koo, if not, I'll go on to make my hobby my career.