manbeer

My new interior :)

Guy came on to out local G35 forums who owns a custom shop and wants to swap with stock to return the car at the end of his lease. I took a look and luckily i called him before anyone else got a chance to. We are making the trade tomorrow, check it out on his website:

http://meofny.com/projects.php?meid=73

igvbskv.JPG

igvbskv%20(10).JPG

igvbskv%20(5).JPG

Edited by manbeer

looks hot , not a fan of the head liner though. who would do that to a lease though. i can see a mild system and maybe rims but custom interior.

Edited by SouthPole1989

looks hot , not a fan of the head liner though. who would do that to a lease though. i can see a mild system and maybe rims but custom interior.

if it was free...

The guy who i'm getting it from owns the shop and it is his personal/demo car. A lot of times these types are cars are leased cause that is an easier write off through the business. And yeah, it isn't exactly what i would have done but it is a great mod for free and next year when i wanna do something different i know i won't have a problem trading the whole thing to someone else for a mint factory interior

Very cool! Does the DLS and PPI come too? :P

BAD DEAL:

to make a long short, my car is 07, his was 05. 05 doesn't have memory seats, everything is totally different. I think in an effort to get me out of there since it was getting late they just made a jumper to give the seat power. car drove home with half the electronic not working and all the idiot lights on. i stopped to get coffee and use the bathroom and it wouldn't start. i think it's in immobilzer mode cause the seats aren't recognized. i'll find out tomorrow hopefully if things aren't fudgeed up and i will have to go and swap out the cushions and seatbacks onto the old frames and hopefully all will be well. also those door panels are tweaked to fit 8" midbass and boxed off in the rear, so i would either have to cut and shape them down (which i will do) or cut out metal in the door. when all is said and done i will have nice 8" midbass, 4" and tweeter in each door :)

Uh oh.

my body control module and possibly ipdm are fried as a result of some ghetto hack modification they made to not put the effort into switching the seat cushion onto the frame. about 1350 in repairs which are not covered by warranty. he is giving me the run around, i may have to bring him to small claims court to get my money back

Just got the car back and from what i can tell the dealer kinda screwed me on this. it was the guys work that caused me to be stranded in the first place, but it did not do any permanent damage to the car. the dealer tried at first to tell me that it did, and what it turned out had happened is that when the car died i pulled the cowl off over the IPDM (fusebox) to check everything and never put it back, and several days later, after they had supposedly already looked at it, it rained and ruined the module. so basically i paid 1200 buck out of pocket for something that should have been way cheaper. i think all that happened from the guys wiring is that it screwed up the immobilizer since the battery was left hooked up during the workm it just needed to be reset. i feel like the dealer should have at least been a little bit less negligent, since it was obvious that the cowl was missing if they actually LOOKED at the car

Just got the car back and from what i can tell the dealer kinda screwed me on this. it was the guys work that caused me to be stranded in the first place, but it did not do any permanent damage to the car. the dealer tried at first to tell me that it did, and what it turned out had happened is that when the car died i pulled the cowl off over the IPDM (fusebox) to check everything and never put it back, and several days later, after they had supposedly already looked at it, it rained and ruined the module. so basically i paid 1200 buck out of pocket for something that should have been way cheaper. i think all that happened from the guys wiring is that it screwed up the immobilizer since the battery was left hooked up during the workm it just needed to be reset. i feel like the dealer should have at least been a little bit less negligent, since it was obvious that the cowl was missing if they actually LOOKED at the car

that what happens when u get free things

When i got this back there were so many pieces that were either missing or improperly fitted. i put a lot of time into redoing this properly and am finally happy with the result. I will post some new pics when i decide on the new dome mids. I am so torn between Dyn MD140's, or Dayton RS52's, especially when the daytons seem to handle the lower stuff better. Also the MB Quart 2" ti domes are a possibility as well, i found some more NOS of those and they play down to 500 nicely