Sign in to follow this  
kazmaX

help with box porting

I have an 18" btl in the mail it should be here tomorrow, I totaled my truck a few days ago that it was going to go in so now I have to put it in a 98 mitsubishi eclipse for a month or so i'm looking at making a box L34xH24xD17 wich I think is about 6.9ft cubed so I would need about 75 square inches of port. how do I tune it to 32hz?

id tune it lower, somewhere around 28 to 29hz :) and im assuming you like the lows since you bought a 18

Edited by RobClay

id tune it lower, somewhere around 28 to 29hz smile.gif and im assuming you like the lows since you bought a 18

The size of the subwoofer has NOTHING to do with how it sounds. If he wanted low lows, he should have gone with the Q and put it in a sealed box. But since he has the BTL.. I doubt he's looking to go down low.

I want it at 32hz my question is how do I need to do the port would I need to do an L type slot or just streaght here is my ms paint pic to better and explane my qustion.

and why isnt there a sticky somewhere with 100's of box blueprint diagrams for FI subs it would make it alot easyery. give or take a few inches i'm sure some ones allready made a box about this size. :suicide-santa:

box.jpg

And why isnt there a sticky somewhere with 100's of box blueprint diagrams for FI subs it would make it alot easyery. give or take a few inches i'm sure some ones allready made a box about

There isn't one, because they give you recommended sizes and tunes and expect you to do what's best to fit that into your vehicle.

And because we have this:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/home/index.php/boxtools

Go nuts.

Sign in to follow this