Sign in to follow this  
bigjae1976

Video - 18" Mayhem on a 3000d

Chevy extended cab truck that runs on vegoil.

18" mayhem in an 8 cu ft box tuned to 28 hz. Powered by an SAZ-3000d with a Kinetik HC2400 in the cab. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for the 200 amp alt from Excessive Amperage.

Surprisingly, the OZ Audio 4x6 coaxes in the dash wang pretty damned good!

The box is tuned pretty low so this setup REALLY shakes everything. Its quite ridiculous. The mayhem actually sounds pretty decent until I turn it up. Then all I can hear is the roof flexing. I did a quick measurement on the TL and posted a 145. That's just hopping in the car and playing a quick sweep. I was too busy wearing out my electrical system play the 30 hz tones.

The 3000d did shut down during the video due to low voltage. I really need that HO alt.

I'll upload the video later...sorry.

Geez - anticlimatic...

*chants - video video video video :D

Still trying to figure out how to convert the files on my camcorder to one that I can upload. All I get is a .vob file from my camcorder.

Today, I was demoing the sub at a friend's house. The neighbor comes running out, complaining how my bass knocked some glass decoration off her shelf. Not sure if it was true but she was pretty pissed off.

Needless to say...I didn't ask her if I could take a pic of the broken glass.

But I've tuned this sub so damned low it just shakes everything. I can play a 26 hz test tone with the low pass crossover set pretty low. Can't hear anything but you can see the whole truck shaking. Anything higher, all you hear is the roof flexing. Pretty sick...would be better if I can get some videos up :(

upload it to youtube or photobucket, it doesnt matter what type of file it is if you upload it to one of them. plus i wanna see this ;D

Hahaha...good vid. Was that a 44.1 I saw?

Yeah, metered at 144.1. I just played one quick sweep. I didn't really have them time to mess around with it. Also, I don't think the neighbors were enjoying this whole process.

Yeah,...it looked as though your steering wheel will need its bolts tightened periodically :D

haha my steering wheel feels like its always going to fall off whenever my 12 is pounding.

Yeah,...it looked as though your steering wheel will need its bolts tightened periodically :D

I'm not sure how long the truck will last. I would comment on the SQ of this but I just hear the roof flexing when I turn it up.

Sign in to follow this