shazaam

Hey guys (got a video too)

Hey whats up guys I just registered a few days ago but I finally decided to make my first post. Well I'm 16 years old and I drive a 04 Chevy Trailblazer. I dont have much done to it at all. So far this is my current setup:

Headunit: Pioneer DEH-P980BT

Speakers: some ok Pioneer 6.5's my cousin gave to me for free. They aren't that great but they sound way better than my stock ones anyway. I'm saving up for a better front stage though.

Sub: 12" Fi Q in a ported box i made that is 2.5 cuft^3 after displacement tuned to 32hz. But since its my first box I have ever made I dont know if it really is lol. I'll try to get pics of it tomorrow though.

Amp: Right now my sub is powered by a Planet Audio RXD1000 or something like that. Yeah its kinda cheap but it came with a birthsheet that says it does 1002 watts rms at like 13 volts I think plus I'm only 16 so I kinda don't really have a lot of money to begin with. I'm still debating whether I should upgrade this amp later or just keep it since I have not had any problems with it for the 4-5 months I've had it. I will probably upgrade it after I upgrade my whole front stage.

Thats pretty much it really. Its my first setup ever. By the way I REALLY love the Q. It has great sound quality. The output amazing too especially for a single 12".

I have a video but I don't think its all that great though. The camera didn't pick up alot of the movement. I'll post it up anyways. I normally don't listen to rap but I like this song.

Well, its a start! I hope to improve it sometime in the future!

By the way don't expect me to ask questions that have already been posted. I ALWAYS search before anything.

Nice roof flex. :woot:

Haha thanks man it is very nice!

Especially from a single 12". I would recommend some Second Skin though. Ya know that metal absorbs the sound waves and vibrates and flexes, and that is a BIG waste of energy.

Especially from a single 12". I would recommend some Second Skin though. Ya know that metal absorbs the sound waves and vibrates and flexes, and that is a BIG waste of energy.

Yeah I know sound deadening is on my to do list. I usually never have it up that loud though so its not a HUGE problem. But I do need some I'm not gonna lie.

Yeah I know sound deadening is on my to do list. I usually never have it up that loud though so its not a HUGE problem. But I do need some I'm not gonna lie.

I figured you already knew, I'm just recommending Second Skin Damplifier Pro for your deadening needs :)

I figured you already knew, I'm just recommending Second Skin Damplifier Pro for your deadening needs :)

Yeah I knew lol. I did tons of research here before i started everything to get an idea of what I need to do. Oh and thanks I will keep that in mind :)

nice vid and flex. welcome to ssa ;)

Hey thanks man.

Edited by shazaam

Yeah I knew lol. I did tons of research here before i started everything to get an idea of what I need to do. Oh and thanks I will keep that in mind :)

I can tell, It's really smart that you did all that research. I wish I would have researched before I went out and bought audio equipment! Very few people start off in audio actually doing things right. Is that just the way you are or is that OCD? LOL

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Duran

Is that just the was you are or is that OCD? LOL

Did you mean way instead of was?? If that's what you really meant then yes that's kinda true. I tend to do a lot of research on things I'm interested in lol.

Did you mean way instead of was?? If that's what you really meant then yes that's kinda true. I tend to do a lot of research on things I'm interested in lol.

Yeah, thanks! Its a good quality man, try to keep it!

san marcos texas here... soo many texas now days are joinin up on ssa.... hip hip!

Yeah, thanks! Its a good quality man, try to keep it!

Haha no problem. I had to reread it like 3 times lol. Oh and thanks I'll try my best man!

san marcos texas here... soo many texas now days are joinin up on ssa.... hip hip!

Yeah!! Nice Lincoln btw. I like Towncars.

Edited by shazaam

Can't go wrong with some Late Night Tip...welcome to the site.

Haha you know man! Thanks

Welcome to SSA. Great choice on sub woofer. :)

Welcome to SSA. Great choice on sub woofer. :)

Thanks for the welcome and compliment!