the mange

730 watts --> bl15 or 15 type R?

as stated, I'm between these two subs. the r is rated @ 750 rms, and the bl is 1000 rms + whatever the flatwind coil and cooling adds. I'd love to get the bl15 cause I hear it absolutely pounds, but I'm scared my amp wont do it justice. Whats my best option? im open to any brand/size of subs too, looking to spend up to $275-300

thanks

Have you taken a 15" SSD into consideration?

Indeed, The SSD with Flatwind and BP Power would certainly match up to your amp while out performing that Type-R in one of Fi's recommended enclosures.

THE RMS OF THE SUBS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW LOUD THEY GET.

The only thing that will tell you which one is louder is whatever one will be in a more efficient alignment.

You need to model each driver and look at it the target response in the enclosure you choose. That will tell you which one will be louder. You need to also pay close attention to the impednace curve, because one or the other might not draw anywhere near your 730 watts in the frequency range you want.

You simply cannot answer this question with anything but heresay unless you model both drivers.

95 honda i love you..not in a gay way of course ...... but somtimes your so tech it stings.

:badmood2:

yeah, im looking at it right now... while im definitely looking for spl, i want to make sure im not sacrificing too much sq. the 15" ssd and 15" type r cost just about the same, does anyone have an idea which would have better sq?

THE RMS OF THE SUBS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW LOUD THEY GET.

The only thing that will tell you which one is louder is whatever one will be in a more efficient alignment.

You need to model each driver and look at it the target response in the enclosure you choose. That will tell you which one will be louder. You need to also pay close attention to the impednace curve, because one or the other might not draw anywhere near your 730 watts in the frequency range you want.

You simply cannot answer this question with anything but heresay unless you model both drivers.

how do i model a sub? do you mean with software? and how will i find an impedance curve?

Download WinISD.

95 honda i love you..not in a gay way of course ...... but somtimes your so tech it stings.

:badmood2:

:shrug: