Sign in to follow this  
sausainis25s

aa havoc 12 + ???

Hi guys, i just wondering which amp would be better for a havoc, memphis 16-mcd-1000d (1100rms) or sundown saz-1500d (1500rms),

Thanks

Which one do you like better? The difference in output will be too small to tell anyway

Which one would you rather have

sundown

Tough call. I really loved my memphis mc500d, it took a beating for 3+ years before I replaced it. I don't think the havoc really needs 1500+ watts but it's always nice to have a little headroom for the future. I would go with whatever you can get a good deal on.

Awesome! I really want to try an AA Havoc 12'' sealed in my truck.

Didnt you have a AA 10''?

go ahead and post a couple pics of your havoc ;)

have sub and amp allready installed (my first custom box build 2,2 ft^3 at 32hz,big 3 done,ect.) there couple pic of my box and sub

pic3387vh9.jpg

pic3388ip5.jpg

btw now i'm not realy sure if that memphis amp can push my sub well,but will see after i break in sub

Edited by Auris

forget what i wrote about memphis,the sub slaps!!! car is flexing, and sound quality is amazing :drink40:

Edited by Auris

Nope...The most recent 10'' subs I've used are the SSA Icon 10'' and Fi BL 10''.

Nope...The most recent 10'' subs I've used are the SSA Icon 10'' and Fi BL 10''.

Thats right. I remember now

Install looks great.

btw guys what do you think if holes cutout des anything to enclosures tuning,like you see i cuted hole a bit far from the right side,does that effected my box tuning?

I've noticed a ton of people say there is no audible difference between 1100 RMS and 1500 RMS and I'm wondering how true it is. I've swapped out my JL 1000/1 for a Sundown 1000D, because my subs could be ran at 1 ohm and I wanted to save the JL in case I needed 1000 RMS @ 2-4 ohms. I did notice an audible difference after the swap in favor of the Sundown, and am trying to figure out why, as they're both rated at 1000 RMS. The Sundown was not dramatically louder but my ears could hear the difference.

Happy the Memphis is performing well enough for you, they make pretty good amps.

well memphis is a good amp but you know i thinking to get sundown saz-1500 and try it, see if there any diference, i never had sundown,but i will give it a try and then i keep the amp which perform better :drink40:

Sign in to follow this