obcaraudio

Possible box idea for my 1996 Lexus Es 300

it will most likely be louder firing toward the rear

it will most likely be louder firing toward the rear

I would think so too... He could always do that and just drop the armrest to let more air flow through the car. But I'm not sure if that would make it louder or not =/

so the armrest thing is necessary....just have the box fire to the rear, have some dynamat in there (or something similar) and that would be my best option?

yes. but the armrest thing is not necessary but you can do it if you want. it wont hurt anything

Edited by RobClay

so the armrest thing is necessary....just have the box fire to the rear, have some dynamat in there (or something similar) and that would be my best option?

If it was my choice, that is what I would do. Also, instead of Dynamat, look into RAAMat and Second Skin. I'm going to start playing with a box now.

If it was my choice, that is what I would do. Also, instead of Dynamat, look into RAAMat and Second Skin. I'm going to start playing with a box now.

yeah that was the name i was lookin for raammat....i forgot it for a sec....ok thanks

I just drew up a box.

untitled-1.jpg

22.jpg

I need to check the math on this still. It meets the minimum requirements and is tuned to 35Hz I believe. It's the best I can do at the moment.

EDIT: Here is the sketch up file if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.sendspace.com/file/10ihk4

Edited by abxx

I just drew up a box.

untitled-1.jpg

22.jpg

I need to check the math on this still. It meets the minimum requirements and is tuned to 35Hz I believe. It's the best I can do at the moment.

EDIT: Here is the sketch up file if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.sendspace.com/file/10ihk4

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!....I WILL DEF SHOW IT TO THE PERSON WHO IS GONNA BUILD MY BOX, AND HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS...THANK U!

35Hz is a little high IMO

I can play around with it a little more, but I don't have an awful lot of free time today.

I can play around with it a little more, but I don't have an awful lot of free time today.

thats cool man, just whenever u can, id appreciate it, whenever u have time

That is about 1.8^3 per woofer. That is with the max dimensions you gave me, but I don't know how that is going to sound. It's right at the minimum recommendations.

That is about 1.8^3 per woofer. That is with the max dimensions you gave me, but I don't know how that is going to sound. It's right at the minimum recommendations.

aite man thanks alot