Smanleyman

12" fi q in reg cab s10 with leg room!

So a week ago i designed this then built it with my dad for my brothers truck, a 94 s10 reg cab. The sub sits under the dash facing up and port is behind passenger seat. With polyfill it should be ~2 cubes @ 32hz

260v8yw.jpg

34pzvav.jpg

2dl0if7.jpg

15x4h2o.jpg

2i6yots.jpg

its kind of crude and we couldnt afford the room for 45's or bracing, but it sounds really good and pretty even through a broad frequency range. My brother hasnt decided on a finish yet so its staying bare wood/caulk/putty/nails for a while... SPL testing will hopefully be the day before thanksgiving

u gota show some pics of the install. im trying to figure out where u have this thing going but its to early in the morning to think...

the larger squarish section is in front of the seats/under the dash, the skiny part is a center console between seats, and the port is behind the passenger seat...We never got pics of the install and i wont see it again for 2 weeks

why no polyfill? i assumed it would have the same acoustic properties as it does in a sealed box, and we used "buffalo snow" lol, like for christmas village decorations, so it is a woven sheet of polyfill stapled to the walls

nice box and sub :) any pictures of it inside the truck?

Edited by RobClay

Usually you don't use it in a ported box because it'll end up blowing it, or chunks of it out of the port. When it does, it can be dangerous. If I'm thinking of the same stuff, and with the way you used it, I think it'll be ok.

Edited by bigbruno

ok i got it. thats really creative. good job

We got to see pictures of the install. This box looks great. I wish I had that great of woodworking skills.

yea my dads been a carpenter for 25 years or so and ive picked up a lot from him doing odd jobs etc since i was about 7... Ill see if i can get my brother to take installed pics tomorrow and put them up on s10 forums, then ill steal them from there.

I think im going to talk him into sanding then spraying the whole thing in undercoating, then a clear coat for a light shine, which should match his dash and charcoalish seats, but that wont be for weeks possibly months, that box was a B**** to fit in place

my friend has a 90's something reg cab s-10. we got a rockford p1 15 in alittle over 1.5 cubes sealed, before polyfil, behind the passenger seat. the passenger sits alitte close to the dash but its not bad. id like to try a design like that in his truck if i can get my friend to go with it.

we also did 2 12s and 2 10s staight across lol. that was cool looking but he's a tall guy so we ditched that idea. then we did 2 10s and the 15 in the middle. that was BA but we sold his 10s and just run the 15. good time haha

ill show him your build. im sure he will want to give it a shot.

lol nice...

yea this was behind the seat in a sealed box i built, but passengers had almost very little leg room, so he took it out and went subless for about two weeks, since hes at home but im away in college

good luck fitting a 15 where we put the 12, its a snug fit but i think its maneagable, i dont know volume requirements on that 15 but this box is about as large as possible and 1.75 around 34, then we added buffalo snow polyfill to get it closer to 2 @ 32, but sealed you should have no problem

ya idk about the 15 going there either lol but it would be fun to try haha.

do you have a bench seat or buckets? thats a good looking enclosure, i thought of something like that before for my Silverado single cab, but ended up doing a blow-through

Updated pics in truck!!

2a6wo75.jpg

33b20s6.jpg

2l8ygbn.jpg

2akfi9j.jpg

Port behind Passenger seat Amp behind drivers seat... seats all the way back ftw

thats awesome! great build

im the owner of the s10 u see in the pics above. Im really happy with the way it turned out and with how it sounds

that looks great. nice job on the box. :clap:

the larger squarish section is in front of the seats/under the dash, the skiny part is a center console between seats, and the port is behind the passenger seat...We never got pics of the install and i wont see it again for 2 weeks

why no polyfill? i assumed it would have the same acoustic properties as it does in a sealed box, and we used "buffalo snow" lol, like for christmas village decorations, so it is a woven sheet of polyfill stapled to the walls

I like the concept and execution of the box. However the problem I see with using poly fill in a ported enclosure is there isn't a concrete way telling how much volume you are gaining from adding some which in turn is going to effect tuning. But if you ended up being happy with the end result then :woot: . :D

looks great man. I may use the unorthodox L shaped-box design like that with my friend's 91 s10 also. Thanks.

well without polyfill its 1.75 around 34hz which is still half decent... I figure polyfill has to do at least a little bit to raise volume/lower tuned frequency...

Glad your happy pankakes! Take a vid and put it up on here...

Edited by fiq15pwnsnoobs