mytyeerinpie

How do I do this?

I want to run my amps 2 saz 1500ds, one to each sub. But in order to keep them in phase I was wondering if I can set up the RCA's as if they are strapped. I have them set up regular from the HU to on amp then jumped to the next, but the sub off the 1st amp is moving way more than the other. I swapped the RCA's to see if it changed and sure enough its the same way. Any advice?

I don't think I need that much power daily, and I don't want to put too much strain on my electrical. I sent you an e-mail BTW Jacob looking for your phone number

Edited by mytyeerinpie

I don't think I need that much power daily, and I don't want to put too much strain on my electrical. I sent you an e-mail BTW Jacob looking for your phone number

his phone number is on the invoice he sent you

Well thats down in the basement and I am making dinner and I am lazy.... maybe someone could send it to me??? Please??

Well thats down in the basement and I am making dinner and I am lazy.... maybe someone could send it to me??? Please??

I would but Ive got a diffrent number than what the shop is Ive got his old number

Just strap them...... don't really understand your concern...

You have the same power either way...

two 1500's at 1 ohm is 3k and 2 strapped 1500's is 3 k at 2 ohm...

same result either way....

?

Something is wrong. I have been trying to figure it out. Finally I came to the realization it may be my RCA's, I will have to swap them out after work today and see if that fixes it. Now they are run with y-splitters. One amp to one sub. One sub is getting considerably more power than the other. If I switch RCA's to the other amp the same thing happens.

I have a similar setup and you should not daisy chain the two sub amps if each one drives it own woofer. You want to split the signal prior to reaching the amps and feed each amp an identical signal. Also, use the same brand RCA's for these lines.

Also, you must gain match the amps with a DMM or other method, no eyeballing it in this application. Also, check the wiring to the subs and the box. Make sure the wire to one sub is the same as to the other, because if one has less strand = more power loss to that sub. Especially with sending a woofer this much power, you want to use 8 AWG wire, 10 at the very least. Think about it, in theory at 1 ohm 1500 watts is 38.72 volts on the DMM. Well if its pushing at one ohm impedence, your in theory still sending out 38.72 amps of current. Of course, there box rise... but still.

If you all MUST know I forgot to unplug the bass remote knob from one of the amps. Everything works great now. Thanks for the help everyone! I am just really dumb and totally missed that that was still hooked up to one of the amps.

If you all MUST know I forgot to unplug the bass remote knob from one of the amps. Everything works great now. Thanks for the help everyone! I am just really dumb and totally missed that that was still hooked up to one of the amps.

Not dumb, just not observant! No problem at all :)

Glad you got it all sorted out mytyeerinpie. Its easy over look things sometimes, we all do it at some point or another, don't feel bad for that.

Cheers man :neil:

Well thanks to Peter(Biggy), he decided to drive up here today, we set my gains with the DMM and I will have to say my 4runner is the loudest vehicle I have been in(not saying much I haven't sat in too many) anyway its perfect, thanks for the help ya'll! And many thanks to Peter for coming up here and fixing everything for me :)