Sign in to follow this  
QuestionMan

Vent length

i haven't done anything with audio in months, and i'm wanting to make a new box.. just making sure everythings right, as i didn't know much to begin with lol.

To get the vent length, i'm using: subwoofer_vent_port_equation_length_l.png. Is that right? it seems like theres a ton of equations for the same thing, and i dont know which one to trust.

The other question is that with Vb, am i using the volume of the box, including the port, or do i subtract the port from the volume? The second seems hard to do if what i'm trying to do is to find out how much volume the port is going to take up...

Thanks for reading, and maybe answering :bigclap:

assuming i was supposed to make a net volume and add the port on when i'm done, i went ahead and used that formula, and it said i needed 25 inches of vent length for 32 hz.

I used:

10.57 inch diameter (4.5x19.5 slot)

1 port

7 cubic feet

32 hz

end correction of .723

Here's the link

Just to see, i went to JLs Tutorial, and for end correction, I used the 25 inches from the other result, and added 2.25 because the width of the port was 4.5 (27.25 for total Vb). I used the same numbers for everything else, and the tuning came out to be 31 hz.

Did i do the end correction right here? 1 hz isn't much. i'd just like to know...

I know it's long but i'm really trying to learn this, so bear with me if you can haha

Edited by QuestionMan

My brain hurts!!

that's cause you are 12

:lol2:

yall are mean to that dude...

uhmm you have the box dimension?

Well for the Vb, i had 7^3 ft. as the net volume in both of them, and my dimensions on the box are around (i have some wiggle room to make it to 7cubes after port) 40x21x19

well with port lenght of 25" i've got 33hz with net volume of 6.65 cu ft.

You need 27.5" port lenght to give you 32hz with net volume of 6.56 cu.ft