Koon

Choosing Subs

Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of research lately and I've come down to two setups that I'm really considering. I haven't listened to many subs personally, but I want my system to be a lout louder than one 15" Mofo. My buddy has a 15" Mofo and it just doesn't impress me. I listen to mostly rap and hip hop and a little bit of rock. Below are the two setups I've been considering.

1) Two Dual 1 Ohm 12" Fi SSD's powered by Cadence ZRS-7500D. Approx Total for the amp and subs: 800

2) Two Dual 1 Ohm 12" Fi BL's powered by a Hifonics 2608D. Approx total for the amp and subs: right around 800

Which setup do you think would be right for me? I'm going to be doing a high output alternator upgrade and getting a seperate battery to power the amp. I'm scared the two SSDs won't get loud enough for me. How do the BL's and SSD's compare on SQ? Could anyone recommend another amp that pushes out a legit 2000RMS at 1 ohm that's under 400 bucks? Thanks a bunch guys, Austin.

Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of research lately and I've come down to two setups that I'm really considering. I haven't listened to many subs personally, but I want my system to be a lout louder than one 15" Mofo. My buddy has a 15" Mofo and it just doesn't impress me. I listen to mostly rap and hip hop and a little bit of rock. Below are the two setups I've been considering.

1) Two Dual 1 Ohm 12" Fi SSD's powered by Cadence ZRS-7500D. Approx Total for the amp and subs: 800

2) Two Dual 1 Ohm 12" Fi BL's powered by a Hifonics 2608D. Approx total for the amp and subs: right around 800

Which setup do you think would be right for me? I'm going to be doing a high output alternator upgrade and getting a seperate battery to power the amp. I'm scared the two SSDs won't get loud enough for me. How do the BL's and SSD's compare on SQ? Could anyone recommend another amp that pushes out a legit 2000RMS at 1 ohm that's under 400 bucks? Thanks a bunch guys, Austin.

If your really looking for sound quality go with the Q line.

I'm not sure how the BL and SSD compare with sound quality.

Personally if I had the money I would go with the BL's just because they will get significantly louder.

If your looking for legit 2000rms its going to cost you a little more than $400

If you want output, get the BL's and a REAL amp, not Hifonics junk.

Of the two, I would pick the 1st option.

lookinto audioque for some good cheap power...or maybe save up a little more and pick up a GP3000d

Indeed, the Crunch GP3000D would be a great investment. Pair it with a set of Q's with the BP power option, and you'll be good to go.

Could anyone recommend another amp that pushes out a legit 2000RMS at 1 ohm that's under 400 bucks?

the only way to get a legit 2K @ 1 ohm is a SS TRX-2000d but you'd have to buy it on-line to get it that cheap. I'm thinking about buying it but... I am thinking I want room to grow... what's out there for 2,000 wrms @ 4 ohms... hmmm wonder what the cheapest way to do that would be?

that sundown saz-2000 better hurry up and come out :-(

Edited by SPLScion

The SAZ-1500D can get close enough, and if you are not worried about a tenth on a meter, it will be plenty. There are a few used and bstock out there for under your price range.

hmmm, I really like the idea of 2 Q's and the sundown 1500D and I think that's what I'm going to go with. should i go ported or sealed? I know they're SQ subs so I'm guessing sealed would be the way go, but how would they sound in a nice ported box to specs? Would you think 2 12" Q's in a sealed box would get louder or as loud as 2 SSD's in a ported box? Thanks so much for the help guys! I'm dieng to order them just making sure I pick the right ones for me :]