lithium

Alpine CDA-9884, PXA-H100, KTX-H100

can you do a 2 or 3 way active set up with this equipment? (Alpine CDA-9884, PXA-H100, KTX-H100)

im doing a 2way and will try a 3 way down the road so id like to get something that will have the processing for the 3way when im ready

crutchfield has that trade in (exchange) system were i can get a gift card for there site. (im going to sell them my sony hu and old ipod for a like $100). the alpine hu is currently $170. im trying to find a better deal on the PXA-H100, $150 is alittle expensive and i think i can do better. the h/u will be new w/ warranty. so im going either this route or that clarion h/u.

with the mic and everything on this combo it would seem that my first active setup would be alittle easier to tune???

ive found the clarion for alittle under 200 shipped (Clarion DXZ785USB) w/ like a 1 year warranty. so my budget wont be tomuch more...

additional info:

car: `00 olds intrigue

amps: kenwood mono on the sub, kicker kx250.2 and another 2 channel/ 4 channel on the way.

front: pg rsd (temp till i have funds for some mli's or AA poly's etc.)

sub: AA arsenal 12"

The imprint stuff isn't really ment to run 3-way active.

You could do it, but you'll lose your ability to run a subwoofer, and even then, it won't be ideal because you won't be able to bandpass the Midbass

You could do it, but you'll lose your ability to run a subwoofer, and even then, it won't be ideal because you won't be able to bandpass the Midbass

Wait a minute, you can't run 2-way active + sub with the H100 ?

Wait a minute, you can't run 2-way active + sub with the H100 ?

You can run 2-way active plus a sub, but not 3-way plus a sub.

what if you split the rear/midbass and used the amplifiers to bandpass each? is that like the ghetto way? haha

what if you split the rear/midbass and used the amplifiers to bandpass each? is that like the ghetto way? haha

You could in theory do that, but you won't have any Time correction.

A better option is to use the H701 if it'll work with your deck.

im looking for a new hu so budget roughly 200 new with some kinda of warranty. or 300 on crutchfield.com

looking for 2 way active capability. screw the 3 way for now.

just realized i posted in the wrong section. sorry, could an adm. move this to the right place.