fritosaregood

Crappy subs with high sensitivity

I read on a thread on here that a sub with say 90 sensitivity rated 500rms would be louder (on the meter atleast) than a sub with a 85 sensitivity rated 1000 rms. are there other factor involved in this besides sensitivity. like excursion, that would affect which one is louder. I ask because I was wonderin around on ebay and saw a sub called a AA Bass15 (I'm sure its not the same AA that some ppl on here use) and it has a sensitivity of 96 db rated 450/900. Thinking about the whole double power gains 3 db rule, mathematically it seems like this would be better than my audiopulse axis with 87db sensitivity rated 2500rms, but it does mid to high 40's. would that little ebay sub do better, or are that many other factors? sub factors, not things like box type

That was a good read.

btw i have home audio speakers in my rear deck and doors. and when ppl here how loud and good my car sound, then i tell them they cost me 12 bucks each. their jaws drop cuz they went to a shop and paid 200+ for a pair of speakers. I did use a dayton hf driver in my car for a while too, but im back to my audiopulse now

another question. I didnt read anything about size difference, but for the ebay sub I saw: THere is a 12 with a 98 sensitivity and a 15 with a 96. only 50 rms difference. Does that mean the 12 would be louder (on the meter).

Did it specify if that 98dB(spl) was 1W@1m or 2.83V@1m?

Edited by Jason907

#1, if it seems to good to be true (sensitivity rating) than it probably is.....

Most of the cheap subs (assuming they actually will play bass) that say they are 95db plus are full of crap...

#2, a sub with higher sensitivity will be louder at all power levels until you run into the linear excursion and power compression limits. At this point, a lower sensitivity sub can be louder (assuming it has more linear stroke and less power compression), granted it will take more power.

Hoffman's Iron Laws...

It was 1W@1m. i wasnt gonna get them for a system, but just put 4 of them in my car at take it to comps.. but there are around 130 for 4 of them.. It doesnt seem like they will actually put out what they say.

there 8" is 98db, 10" is 98db, 12 is 98db, 15 is 96db and 18 is 94db. all with 60oz magnets. doesnt show excursion,

That 98 is BS lol

Complete BS specs.....

Also, generally speaking, with the same motor, the SPL goes up with larger cone size, not down...

Complete BS specs.....

Also, generally speaking, with the same motor, the SPL goes up with larger cone size, not down...

yea that part was confusing me