JoshM20

Car dampening?

Hey guys,

I am about to pull all the seats and carpet out of the ride to rerun everything and dampen areas of the ride... I was looking at second skin and raamat... any pro/cons between these? Also what is the foam they say to put on top of it? Do I just need the damplifier or should I get some of that foam too?

The foam most people put on top is called Ensolite.

Between second skin and Raammat, there are really no con's. Both great products. Second Skin is far thicker than RM, but it's a little more expensive as well. Worth it though.

Between second skin and Raammat, there are really no con's. Both great products. Second Skin is far thicker than RM, but it's a little more expensive as well. Worth it though.

Where do you put the foam? All over?

Where do you put the foam? All over?

Can anyone suggest a good amount to order? foam that is~ thx

Do you mean that second skin damplifier is far thicker or the damp. pro? I tryed to look at the thickness's and I can't really find a good answer to judge them, So if I were to get the regular damplifier or the RM, you would suggest the reg damplifier over it? Or were you talking about the pro? Also do you think 1 sheet of the ensolite will be enough?

go with hushmats cover your floor

Hushmats? Is that another brand or are you saying just use the foam on the floor in the cabin.

so is the regular second skin damplifier, thicker than the RM? that is I AM AN IDIOT AND I CANNOT SPELL PROBABLY my biggest question

so is the regular second skin damplifier, thicker than the RM? that is I AM AN IDIOT AND I CANNOT SPELL PROBABLY my biggest question

:lolup: If you are going to deaden, I would get Damplifier Pro over normal Damplifier.

:lolup: If you are going to deaden, I would get Damplifier Pro over normal Damplifier.

Yea, and if I were going to take a chit, I would rather do it in a gold toilet, not a porcelain one. But obviously it's my budget that keeps me from doin it....

ahh suck my balls chat chit lolololz

Edited by JoshM20

Yea, and if I were going to take a chit, I would rather do it in a gold toilet, not a porcelain one. But obviously it's my budget that keeps me from doin it....

ahh suck my balls chat chit lolololz

Okay, well how much would you like to allocate for deadening?

Okay, well how much would you like to allocate for deadening?

around 200-250

You could get a couple of rolls of RAAmat for that much. You could deaden quite a bit with that. I would start with the doors and trunk lid, then move from there.

You could get a couple of rolls of RAAmat for that much. You could deaden quite a bit with that. I would start with the doors and trunk lid, then move from there.

Yea that's what I was thinking, I would be able to get 120Sq ft of RM for the price of 80 Sq ft of damplifier and only like 40-50 of the damplifier pro... I could always double up the places that I think need more with the RM and I think it would be better to get alot of the car dampend rather then just the trunk or just 2 of the doors

I have had great performance, in regards to closed cell foam, from Second Skin Overkill. :)

I have had great performance, in regards to closed cell foam, from Second Skin Overkill. :)

When I get some closed cell foam, do I put it evverywhere I can or more on the thinner areas? Like the floorpanels and such.

I bought a roll of Raamat and it made a big difference, and it was the best price I could find. It is pretty easy to put on. You don't NEED a roller, but it's better if you use one.

go with lux liner or lux liner pro over the overkill. ive played with all 3 and believe me its worth the price

raamatt IS the best value there is...and secondskin IS the best mat there is....its all what u wanna spend...i went with raamatt and loved the results..but if i had a deep wallet or was concerned with weight then id go with secondskin b/c u could use a little less and get the same results