Sign in to follow this  
Mathman

Fiberglass work for 2 10's or 12's

Ok, I will be googling how to do fiberglass work soon enough....but i just wanted a general concensus of about how tough it can be....I want to build a L type sealed enclosure going from the floor in the back seat of a friends truck and into the center portion of his seat. I would like to do it in fiberglass and just wanted a general idea of about how much work i am in for.

Is it okay to have like 90% of the enclosure to be mdf? I just need the top portion to be fiberglass so i can angle the subs to where i want them to point.

Also, it is okay for 2 subs to be in a common chamber isnt it? I thought it was, just wanna make sure.

Thank You

Edited by Mathman

That is fantastic, thanks Jason907

That is what forums are for...your welcome.

That link is what I learned from too! fiberglass is fun now, I made some cup holders yesterday with the leftovers lol.

cool, ty. And do you just put a few layers of resin on the mdf to sand down and paint?

i would sand first and try to make the mdf smooth then add some resin and then sand the resin down primer will help out at the end for your finish high build primer will be your best friend.

you may also want to look around on fiberglassforums.com!!