Sign in to follow this  
Mark LaFountain

6 Alpine TypeR's, 2002 Escalade

i like the build but why do you have the two diff versions of the type R or at least thats what it looks like

EDIT- didnt read the top post my bad, still great install

Edited by stuartgoodenough

Did a damn good job on the enclosure, I bet it will look better with ICONS lol

im almost ashamed sometimes to say i worked at audio express!!!! they dont take any time with the new guys to teach them properly ive fixed some god awfull installs from other locations even. i dont know why anyone would take the amount of time that was spent on those boxes and essentially let something leave that is substandard at best and i cant belive the installer took any pride in it. anyhow im done ranting, just hurts when im lumped in with some of the wire bitters I used to work with and in some managers cases for.

i never allowed anything to leave my bay (that i knew about) that if anyone took it apart they would look and shake there head. and i take no hard feelings at any of the comments about the store i probably have made worse ones. just wanted to say i guess it wasnt me :Doh:

Are those fake fender vents???

Installed, it looks great. Now he needs to either step up in speaker quality, or amplifier power, or both. ;)

im almost ashamed sometimes to say i worked at audio express!!!! they dont take any time with the new guys to teach them properly ive fixed some god awfull installs from other locations even. i dont know why anyone would take the amount of time that was spent on those boxes and essentially let something leave that is substandard at best and i cant belive the installer took any pride in it. anyhow im done ranting, just hurts when im lumped in with some of the wire bitters I used to work with and in some managers cases for.

i never allowed anything to leave my bay (that i knew about) that if anyone took it apart they would look and shake there head. and i take no hard feelings at any of the comments about the store i probably have made worse ones. just wanted to say i guess it wasnt me :Doh:

I'm sure not everyone at that store is horrible at what they do, just really sad to see what they allow the customer to take home in comparison to what they are paying. If you would of heard that set up that they gave him, you'd understand. My 2 10" DCONS sound waaaaay better and almost louder then those 6 type Rs in that box configuration they gave him.

All you can do is great work for yourself, and maybe it will make a difference for that company. Other wise, branch out on your own, i'm sure that will pay more. GL.

here's an update on this one. He brought the box back to be finished in what looks like BurBerry material.

burberry%20020.JPG

burberry%20021.JPG

burberry%20022.JPG

Hmm. Looks like a tablecloth.

nice enclosure...had problem with carpet but burberry is rocking! nice work.