WhichSub

HELP ME PICK A SUBWOOFER !!! ASAP

I hear of FI audio before but now i am searching for a subwoofer I picked up a brand new JL 1000/1 v2

from my experiance my friend had this exact same amp powering a JL w7 and I wasnt too too impresssed it sounded GREAT and all but for 500$ just didnt think it was worth it

last summer i had a 10'' type X alpine powered me a memphis 1100rms amp and it sounded killer. a type X is around 275$ which was my first choice for a sub but then i thought about trying something new

so i ended up here I am looking for a single 12'' not bigge, space is an issue I drive a 2door accord not too too much room in the trunk and i would like to go with smallest box possible

So since i have a jl 1000/1 I am looking for 1000rms

I listen to rap but mostly techno/trance music I want to go with a ported box so SQ isnt really possible since i dont want a sealed box with all my experiance I find ported box just hit harder.

so I am looking at the BL12 can someone explain to me all the options and what do they do and if its worth the extra money ?

what is cooling ? it says theres no charge to add it im confused why not have to to begin with if its free?

so is BL my best choice for a sub ? any comments feedback let me know please I have to make up my mind by end of tonight.

oh one last thing what size of a box remember i want to go as small as possible ported without loosing any SQ/SPL..

i think the bl is for you.

some people DONT want cooling.

can you explain to me what it does ? why would someone wont want cooling ?

can you also answer all of my questions above ?

also the space recomended for the BL and the Q is the same or is one of the subs can have a smaller box then the other space is a big issue for me so id like to buy a sub that does not require a huge box

Edited by WhichSub

perfect thanks a few morequestions

im confused with the dual 1 and dual 2............

i have a jl 1000/1 v2 that does 1000rms at 1.5-4ohms so the sub can be 2ohms or 4ohms willnot make a difference for my amp it will still do 1000rms

so does it matter wich which i go with ? which one is best for my amp

go with a D2 Q wired in series for a 4 ohm load, in 2-2.5 cubes ported, tuned for the low 30's it'll get reasonably loud and sound decent

honestly it won't matter if you get dual 2 or 1 either one will work in series. But its better to get the dual 2 that way if you decide to buy a better amp later you can parallel it down to 1ohm. Either of those speakers is going to knock in the accord. But there might be other brands to consider if you are trying to save space. If you don't mind dedicating your trunk to subwoofer then i'd go with the fi

Why do you pick Q you tink Q will sound better with techno music ? then the BL ?

you want a small box...... you listen to techno... based on those two things i think the Q is for you.

I do want a smallbox but NOT A SEALED i dont like the sound of sealed

with the Q it wants a sealed and the BL it wants ported.... no ?

plus i have heard a couple of people that went from Q's to BL's say that the Q is a little stronger in the real bottom end department. While it isn't really a confirmed fact, that would make me want the Q over the BL as a Daily sub, especially if i listened to techno (which would never happen anyway)

I do want a smallbox but NOT A SEALED i dont like the sound of sealed

with the Q it wants a sealed and the BL it wants ported.... no ?

q can be ported or sealed

both q and bl require the same sized box when it comes to ported so how does it make a diff in size if i get a Q exactly?

i say go with the bl p chamfer and not the cooling since your not pushing 1500 watts, cuz it says cooling option takes a little metal out of the motor making it weaker.

You heard right, most of the time the Q will play the lows a little better, and the BL will (normally) have more output.

i say go with the bl p chamfer and not the cooling since your not pushing 1500 watts, cuz it says cooling option takes a little metal out of the motor making it weaker.

yeah you read it will make the motor weaker......BUT YOU WILL NEVER EVER know that its weaker on a daily set up EVER

yeah you read it will make the motor weaker......BUT YOU WILL NEVER EVER know that its weaker on a daily set up EVER

Yeah Jon, he worded that terribly. He should have said, if you are running ~1500 watts don't get cooling to save motor strength, get only the pole chamfer. Cooling is a pole chamfer and axial cooling drilled into the motor, you don't loose that much metal. I say get cooling since you will not need all the motor strength you can get out of it.

Yeah Jon, he worded that terribly. He should have said, if you are running ~1500 watts don't get cooling to save motor strength, get only the pole chamfer. Cooling is a pole chamfer and axial cooling drilled into the motor, you don't loose that much metal. I say get cooling since you will not need all the motor strength you can get out of it.

ok your right ... but if yout pushing 1500 wouldnt you want the cooling on a daily set up then

Edited by sql54

ok your right ... but if yout pushing 1500 wouldnt you want the cooling on a daily set up then

i had the bl's with cooling!!! and i pushed about 1500 daily!

no you said......ok your right ... but if yout pushing 1500 WOULDNT you want the cooling on a daily set up then

i said... i have had the cooling option... while runnin that kinda of power.. on a daily

no you said......ok your right ... but if yout pushing 1500 WOULDNT you want the cooling on a daily set up then

i said... i have had the cooling option... while runnin that kinda of power.. on a daily

would en ** my bad

im lost

dont stress it... i was trying to tell the other guy that you would need cooling for a 1500 bl daily set up