DeeCee

Hmmmm

Me too...

More tomorrow.. maybe ;) Its 1.38am here.. i'm going to sleep

Of course Jacob :D

We have the second round of the local series which has a special "monster class" using 1x 18 Blaupunkt sub as specified by the monster class rules.

Competitors must compete in a minimum of two of the three events in the series, so I have to make this one and the one in January to qualify.

Amp is, of course a sundown - 3000D specifically :neil:

One of the customers who bought two changed up jobs and is finding a bit of a stretch getting paid monthly, and he offered me the BNIB 3000D back to me so i bought it.

I'll be running the 1x18 Blaupunkt VPW460 competition sub and the Sundown 3000D for the competition.

I'm not sure I'll have time to set it up, but i do have 6x 2V forklift batteries in the garage, so I am hoping I'll have time to setup a 16V system for this comp.

Box is 25mm / 1" mdf with a 36mm triboard layer on the bottom left over from my Krazy8s bandpass box.

The box is also designed for my MT18s as well, so i will be making an interchangable top plate with threaded wood inserts.

The port will also be interchangeable (hence why it is so big), again using threaded wood inserts to attach the port to the box.

Box size is around 8 cu ft - this time no resin or 45 degree fillets which are my standard SPL additions. I'll be playing around to see what I can manage first and then play around later before round three of the series to see what gains I can make.

I'll also have to make up my pods for my dual midbass ID components and maybe some dash pods for my morel supremos, but I don't think I'll have time for the dash pods.

Car is a stock 1998 Subaru forester, so I will have to test the resonant frequency to determine the peak of the car.

I am undecided whether to go for the peak or the second peak which is usually higher at the expense of no cabin gain.

Oh the joy of playing with transfer functions.

So yeah.. a bit of work ahead, but the box is pretty much done so that is the hard part out of the way :)

I'm hoping to crack a 150 as there is a special prize for the first person to crack a 150 in the monster class :D

Oh.. and the box will stick around.. I'm thinking I may use it as my daily unless it becomes too much of a burden on the ol' wallet with petrol costs and shoulder wear on the tyres :lol:

More tomorrow.. that is the only pic so far.. more interesting pics tomorrow

Dave

Edited by DeeCee

Charged up the 2V forklift batteries last night.. holding 12.9V in series :)

The 2V cells are these little beasties: http://www.sonnenschein.org/A600.htm

The are rated at 200AH C10 rating so should last for a show without having to recharge :)

Not too bad aye :D Note, C10 rating so that is a 10 hour mark instead of the normal 20 hour mark (i think thats right..)

I picked up the 6x 2V forklift cells for $250NZ off another competitor. Cheap as chips and the condition is excellent :)

Just add to 1x Kinetik 2000 I have floating around and voila - juice for a 3000D :)

Crisis.. amp has gone MIA in transit.

I'm rather fux0red at the mo and I leave for a 9 hour car journey tomorrow :(

Time to take out the battery bank i think. I'll just have to run a small mono now *cries

MIA - missing in action.

Basically the amp was picked up from the client last friday and was scheduled to arrive in my locale yesterday.

Unfortuantely, the amp is lost somwhere in between, so the logistics company is busy trying to trace it.

Oh well.. time to move some batteries

DSC03738.jpg

Edited by DeeCee

was already going to do 16v - 2 banks of 4V + the 12V batt = 16v

WOah, 2V batteries? where did you get those?

Yay - its alive!

Ended up borrowing a 4kw off a friend who is currently in Canada.

Batteries are now in series/parallel providing a solid 12V system as I don't want to blow his amp.

I got the batteries off an old competitor. Only cost me $250NZ for all 6 batteries.

I get to travel to the show with my creative zen and some headphones hahahahaha

Haven't tested yet. Won't be able to test until tomorrow evening (its 2am now)

Currently it is sealed enclosure with removable port.

Once I find the res freq of the car, then I can make the port so basically I'll be building up until the show on Saturday.

Theoretically, it should be able to push 147ish *fingers crossed