Sign in to follow this  
a1161979

Monuting Subwoofers

Hey guys i have done some googling and looking around but i cant find a good enough answer to my question...

Its it ok to invert subs when mounting them? The general feeling is due to the low frequencies it is ok but at what crossover level does the sub being inverted affect performance? I was thinking of mounting my IXL 10 inverted to protect the cone from occasional lose crap in the boot plus the motors look really sexy :clap: However i cant help thinking that the motor structure must effect the sound quality as the air wave is being impeded by the Basket

Anyway if you guys could give input that would be great

I was thinking something like this with 2 IXL 10's *This is not my Photo but someone

inverting does nothing to sq. i experienced some motor noise but it was not audible in the front of the car. things u would take into account is there is no need to factor the sub's displacement into the box volume. also, you may find it better to reverse the polarity aswell. good luck with the build. i like my AA arsenal inverted for short time i used the sealed box before building the new ported enclosure.