bamaster

Finally got my stereo installed

So after I was quoted two days to get get it done... and them taking three days... I finally got my car back.

Only having the car a couple hours, so far these JL Audio 8W7's are fantastic! Very solid and far louder than I expected. From Kid Rock to Jay-Z, the subs great and clean. Very pleased!

The best part is the Image Dynamics components. These get crazy loud and a simply amazing. Plenty of mid bass and the highs are crisp. I don't have enough time in the car with this system yet, but I'll work on adding different styles of music. Too early for a review.

Here are the pics! Nevermind that one of the amps is crooked. I guess I should take it back to have it fixed, but I probably won't.

stereo01.jpg

stereo02.jpg

stereo03.jpg

stereo04.jpg

stereo05.jpg

stereo06.jpg

stereo07.jpg

stereo08.jpg

stereo09.jpg

stereo10.jpg

wow! very clean looking set up right there. Nice amps ;)

Nice job on the install. After all the drivers break in you will be more satisfied. After you get sick of the setup get a 9887 so you can run it actively. You will see a big difference. Tell us what you think after they break in. Good job.

wow! very clean looking set up right there. Nice amps ;)

Nice job on the install. After all the drivers break in you will be more satisfied. After you get sick of the setup get a 9887 so you can run it actively. You will see a big difference. Tell us what you think after they break in. Good job.

he could get the pxa-h100

cheaper with the same features?

You could easily fix the crooked amp by taking the screws out and putting a level on top of all 3 to level them out.

Also, where did you have it installed where they used sundown amps?

I have asked all the local car shops hear if i bought equipment would they install it and all of them said no.

Who cares though i want to install mine anyways lol. :P

You could easily fix the crooked amp by taking the screws out and putting a level on top of all 3 to level them out.

Also, where did you have it installed where they used sundown amps?

I have asked all the local car shops hear if i bought equipment would they install it and all of them said no.

Who cares though i want to install mine anyways lol. :P

The shop isn't worth mentioning. I told them I had all the equipment and cables. Hell, I even had the battery terminals, distribution block and USB extension cable. The install is a little sloppy. Amp is crooked, the cables are pulling on the center. When I took delivery of the car, the head unit was crooked, too. They fixed it today. I have a supercharged Mustang, so on the way home I got on it a little. When I got home I looked in the trunk and the speaker box slid to the back of the car. They didn't secure it down. I had to put velcro on the bottom of the box today.

They also took my car out for a ride. I know because my front splitter (bottom of the front bumper) is scratched. They are a JL Audio and Alpine dealer, but not Image Dynamics or Sundown. They were pushing Diamond Audio comps/subs and JL amps.

They took your car for a ride, yep a bunch of asses. That's why I do everything myself :)

Edited by sick6ness

Sounds like you have some nice equipment, but why did it take them 3 days?? Did they offer any explanations?? I don't really see anything that would cause them to have it for that long. What I mean is, I don't see any fibergass or really a custom box. Any good shop would have had it done in a good day, maybe two. Just my opinion.

Clean install but I agree that it shouldn't have taken 3 days. Everything was installed in 1 day in my truck. I wonder if they had a day or 2 of joyrides?..hope that isn't the case.

Nate up there is right, that is MAYBE a 3 hour install, and scratching your car? That's absurd. The shop you went to is ruining car audio.

I agree with leveling the amps; and actually using brackets to hold the box down, velcro will not hold that in an accident. It does look very smooth though, really clean. I know how hard it is to put any gear into a Mustang! :lol:

Sounds like you have some nice equipment, but why did it take them 3 days?? Did they offer any explanations?? I don't really see anything that would cause them to have it for that long. What I mean is, I don't see any fibergass or really a custom box. Any good shop would have had it done in a good day, maybe two. Just my opinion.

The only reason it could have taken three days is if they weren't working on it. And that pisses me off most. I spoke with the owner to schedule the right day. He said, yup, he could get right on it. I assumed that meant that he had an installer who could get started on it. It's a major lack of respect for the time of others.

Well, I asked for the box to be sealed with fiberglass. Although I did not see the inside, I am confident that they did it. My car smells like fiberglass, a lot!

I would expect this to be a full one-day install with the box and amp rack. Everything else is easy. I had no problems at all with two days, but three was too much.

Very nice.