gldnbuddy

2-12's or 1-12?

You have 2 fuses in between the batteries? That doesn't make any sense. The current will not change in between the batteries. By Ohms law a 2300W(peak) system will draw 191A, wouldn't I need 1 200A fuse?

The first fuse between the batteries is before the wire passes through your firewall, then the second fuse is after the firewall, both within 18" of their respective batteries. Prevents a dead short should you ever get into an accident, or accidentally drill through or pinch through the casing on your wire.

Comprende'?

Yeah, what this guy said...It does make sense to me!

You have 2 fuses in between the batteries? That doesn't make any sense. The current will not change in between the batteries. By Ohms law a 2300W(peak) system will draw 191A, wouldn't I need 1 200A fuse?

The first fuse between the batteries is before the wire passes through your firewall, then the second fuse is after the firewall, both within 18" of their respective batteries. Prevents a dead short should you ever get into an accident, or accidentally drill through or pinch through the casing on your wire.

Comprende'?

If there's a dead short anywhere on that wire, both fuses will blow! IT'S THE SAME WIRE!

Comprende'?

If there's a dead short anywhere on that wire, both fuses will blow! IT'S THE SAME WIRE!

Thats good that both fuses blow. If you dont have both fuses and there is a short in the wire somewhere what is keeping the rear battery supplying power to the wire? Sparks will start to occur then fire then bye bye car.

Comprende'?

Thats good that both fuses blow. If you dont have both fuses and there is a short in the wire somewhere what is keeping the rear battery supplying power to the wire? Sparks will start to occur then fire then bye bye car.

Gotcha! But if the truck burns up then I'll get a new truck and a STUPID-loud audio system!

Edited by buttmonkey