sandsnip3r

Bolt, screws, ect.

Ok, im thinking of runing a few self tapping screws to bolt my box down to my car, and could i use those torx bolts to bolt the sub into the box?

how do you guys have your stuff mounted?

Ok, im thinking of runing a few self tapping screws to bolt my box down to my car, and could i use those torx bolts to bolt the sub into the box?

how do you guys have your stuff mounted?

If you're going to bolt the box to your car, you can either use L-brackets or bolt it through the inside of the box.

I secured my subs to the box using torx screws.

I figure the box is so massive and bolted in place that the most a would be thief could make off with are the drivers themselves. So I mounted the subs with torx screws, knowing it's probably not likely a thief would walk around with a full tool chest of screwdrivers.

The box itself is mounted to the truck via bolts inside the box you can access after removing the subs. :P

i like L brackets personally and i use torx also due to the same theft thing, pretty soon people are just oging to carry around a torx screw driverlol

idk... but if i was stealing someone's sub, and they had some random screw in there that id never seen before, id just stab the cone and leave

but, a recone beats a re...sub

lol :D

idk... but if i was stealing someone's sub, and they had some random screw in there that id never seen before, id just stab the cone and leave

but, a recone beats a re...sub

lol :D

If I saw you do that I would beat you down right there. Even if it wasn't mine I would bean=t you to a pulp/

If you are mount a sub box in a passenger cabin, I would use more than just a few self tapping sheet metal screws. If you get in a wreck a 90lb box will just rip the screws right out. I would use a couple of bolts that are accessed from inside the box and have spreader plates on them (just a small plate to spread out the load to help reduce the chance of it pulling out in a wreck), and have them accessible from the inside of the box.

so... like a 6 self tapping screws on the inside of the box, with a large washer, or a peice of steel with a drilled hole to spread out the load.

like instead of standing on thin ice, you're supposed to lay flat... to even the load

If I saw you do that I would beat you down right there. Even if it wasn't mine I would bean=t you to a pulp/

oh man, id beat the guy more than that, id stab HIS cone.... if ya know what im sayin.....

Edited by sandsnip3r