Will i need an aftermarket alternator if im running a hifonics bxi2608d? at around 2200~2400 watts in a 2000 Hyundai sonata with 1/0 power wires and Big 3 upgraded.....

look at iraggi on ebay. very good people to deal with, and great alts. and also look at mechman.com

most likely it will kill your alternator and charging system in time if you dont get one ;)

i dont know what model your car is, but look at this link(they do have hyundai alts)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/180amp-Domi...#ht_2404wt_1489

also try http://www.excessiveamperage.com/, they build custom alts

Most cars (especially imports) dont have big alternators like trucks. I think my silverado had a 110 amp Delphi stock.

You definately need one.

Im not really familiar with Hyundai, all I know is they make cars, and they are Korean lol.

what should i do if i cant get the money for another alternator? i cant do much more the 200.... for that alternator or anything else

what should i do if i cant get the money for another alternator? i cant do much more the 200.... for that alternator or anything else

You should not put that large of an amp in if you cannot electrically support it due to money restrictions.

Scale your system down.

you should probably get a big a$$ cap if nothing else. someone else on here noticed a huge difference with a 40 farad cap. its a big mother but it looks like your only option in addition to big three and decent battery

This won't help your situation at all. Horrible advice

you should probably get a big a$$ cap if nothing else. someone else on here noticed a huge difference with a 40 farad cap. its a big mother but it looks like your only option in addition to big three and decent battery

NO!

NO!

haha i thought that would draw a red flag. or a big NO!... caps are basically admitting that you or your car lacks the capacity to support your amp(s). i parallel them with kmart spinners. i would just scale down and make sure you build a nice (big) ported box for a 15 or 12 on ~1000w tops

just dont recommend caps ;)

we are just trying to save you, because people will usually jump all over you for saying that