Sign in to follow this  
SquishY

Jimmy's Mayhem

So lets see how this goes. Dont have it all done now but more will be installed as time goes by and money comes into hand.

15" Mayhem with D1 gaps.

1204080007a.jpg

AQ2200D

1226082307.jpg

Box in the first and second stage.

1205081421.jpg

1226081848.jpg

Alpine CDA-9886(looked to cool like this to post a pic with the flash on)

1226082308a.jpg

Im actually considering going back to my Panasonic CQ-7303U for the extra settings and motorized faceplate.

Huge difference, a lot louder and it actually flexs my truck now, vids to come when the chance arrives. Those are 4" tuned to 32~ since Im unsure of the actual box volume now.

Try to get some vids tomorow, probably can get a good lil bit of movement from a shirt. Hopefully the next box will be even better.

How do you like the AQ amp?

Like it a lot, it makes plenty power and doesn't even get warm with the .5ohm its seeing. The gain is still set low for the sake of my electrical, waiting on my second battery since I get voltage drop long before distortion.

I hope that you get some flares for those ports. I bet it will get even louder if you were to do that. Not to mention that it will sound better due to the less port turbulence. I figured that the round ports would be louder, but just wanted to hear you say so :) I would stick with 3 4's when you do a new box as well. I do believe that you can just buy the flares instead of the entire port kit off of partsexpress.

Why keep three instead of going to 4 with the increase in box volume? With putting the numbers into bassbox I get, the same cone displacement but the added possibilty of port noise. Im not building another box til Ive got money to play with again so some nice PSP flared may just get used then.

It depends on weather your going to step up box area or not. If you make the box larger then I'd say it will be beneficial to add another port. Not knowing how many cubes you have right now it's kinda hard for me to suggest to go up in port area or not. Let's say you have around 4 cubes right now and the 3 4" ports give you 9.42sqin per cuft. That is a decent amount of port for a daily box, but if you want to get louder you could keep the exact same box size and just add the other 4" port. That would bring you up to 12.56sqin per cuft. With 4 it would be a perfect compromise between an all out spl box and a strictly daily banger. Find out what actual volume your going to be going with and then make your decision on how many ports to use then.

I was going to up the box size to 5 cubes and use four 4". Id say its now is about 4.25 cubes.

The bigger box plan of 5 cubes with four 4" gives a pretty flat response, Im having some issues with tuning 5 cubes to 31hz with either four 4" or two 6", they both end up just a tad to long for what i can fit with doing it sub up port back.

Nope, no port noise.

Ive run into another problem, setting gains with a DMM is kicking my ass. With a 60hz tone at 3/4 volume the sub out on my amp is reading only 5.3V~, but from math I see that it should be like 31-3V~?

Good to see people trying different boxes. :)