casedawg350

hifonics amp with ssd

thanks for all the tips guys. your a lot more helpful then ca.com. i got something amusing for all of you. my buddy has 2 10inch duals, in a plexi ported box. he's thinkin about going with the same set-up as me, and doesn't think it will be louder or hit harder. am i correct in telling him that the Fi will rape it? and he always wants to know if the Fi can be heard from distance?

Edited by casedawg350

thanks for all the tips guys. your a lot more helpful then ca.com. i got something amusing for all of you. my buddy has 2 10inch duals, in a plexi ported box. he's thinkin about going with the same set-up as me, and doesn't think it will be louder or hit harder. am i correct in telling him that the Fi will rape it? and he always wants to know if the Fi can be heard from distance?

Sounds like 2 flea market woofers in a bandpass box.

I would put my money on the Fi.

Sounds like 2 flea market woofers in a bandpass box.

I would put my money on the Fi.

i just learned something. thanks.

anyone else know for a fact the Fi will rape 2 duals? and that the Fi can be heard from a distance?

i have the ssd here as my pc's sub off of 30 or so watts, in the same box.

hows that run? lol

its nice, im surprised really, enough to make my mouse on my desk slide across the mouse pad. haha, but it sounds great and blends nicely with my 7.1 setup.

well, cut your amp power in half, say 1000 to 500 thats 3dB, ONLY 3dB

its audible, but cut it in half again, 250 cut it in half again 125

now your at 9dB nearly half percieved volume

say you started at 130dB your at 121dB now

nearly half as loud for 1/8th the power

Wtf. I've Normally Ran My Gain At 100% At The Amp, But Only When I've Had Amps With Gain Control Knobs, And Weren't Overrated Clipping Machines Like Hifonics. Sundown FTW!

anyone else know for a fact the Fi will rape 2 duals? and that the Fi can be heard from a distance?

i have fi ssd 12's in the trunk of a benz and they will make you feel like somone is sticking a pencil in your ear. if you have the right box the right power fi's will walk all over dual. hell put them in the same box they will still sound better. i put my fi's in a box that was too small until i could make my own and they still were loud as hell and deep! i have heard the dual speakers and they are just cheap flea market crap...all of 'em!!

i have fi ssd 12's in the trunk of a benz and they will make you feel like somone is sticking a pencil in your ear. if you have the right box the right power fi's will walk all over dual. hell put them in the same box they will still sound better. i put my fi's in a box that was too small until i could make my own and they still were loud as hell and deep! i have heard the dual speakers and they are just cheap flea market crap...all of 'em!!

exactly what i was lookin for. thanks.