That boy Ton

It is DEAD!

Had to killed the Treo system the installer and me was not seeing eye to eye and I was not going to give away money that I work hard for. Now need help on the new set and the only thing that I have my mind made up on is the and it will be an Alpine 9831 or 9831. There are four subs I thinking about :Soundstream T4 12, Kicker L7 12,

Infinity Kappa Perfect 12 DVQ and the Alpine SWX 1242D. Just want to know out of the four which on would be the cleanest and hardest hitting sub? Not sure on the 6.5 and the 6x9 and the amps to run yet will read what youre think.

have you considered a sub from one of the companies on here?

such as a Sound Splinter RL-p or Stereo Integrity D2 or Power Bass PR?

all three are very capable SQL subs, the SI D2 has an excellent track record, the RL-p has some very good reviews, and the PR has some great specs and is brand new to market

the rl-p would be an awesome choice! as would the other two brands, SI and PB, listed by denim.

but concerning what u have listed, and in no special order..lol

the soundstream i have no experience with, so no comment.

the infinity is worthless IMO and shouldn't be considered.

the alpine would probably be the cleanest sounding while getting loud

the kicker will be the loudest and if in the correct box will sound fairly clean.

i would take the kicker.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

if forced to choose I would choose the same as kent on this one

YOu're crazy. The Perfects are low-end whores!

all three are very capable LSQ subs, the SI D2 has an excellent track record, the RL-p has some very good reviews, and the PR has some great specs and is brand new to market

The only problem that I will have by going with the Sound Splinter RL-p or the SI D2 is the only way i can get them is off the internet, and I like to hear how they sound. The last time that I order off the a website just put it this way dont let me find them.

all three are very capable SQL subs, the SI D2 has an excellent track record, the RL-p has some very good reviews, and the PR has some great specs and is brand new to market

The only problem that I will have by going with the Sound Splinter RL-p or the SI D2 is the only way i can get them is off the internet, and I like to hear how they sound. The last time that I order off the a website just put it this way dont let me find them.

A website or web-based company. There is a difference. Both the SS and SI products have been well-proven. Nick and Mike are both standup guys. They will not do you wrong. Same goes for Adire. I won't comment on RE, haven't dealt with them enough.

I haven't delt with RE, but I have dealt with Marshall of Visionary Audio a couple times, and he is a stand up guy. Every other company mentioned is trustworthy as well.

I have bought from RE and they were very good. I got my HC 15 the same week I ordered and I'm in Arkansas. Those guys are not jerks and they will chat on the phone with you about stereo stuff all day if you let them.

YOu're crazy.  The Perfects are low-end whores!

and if pushed with their "rated" power, tend to fail quite often, both speakers and subs.

i bet i've installed and then replaced 5 sets of speakers and subs, all pushed with rms or lower and all have failed. most were replaced with memphis pr series stuff, all of it still going strong!

so there..neeneerneeneerneeneer!!

but Ton remember this..my experience with them isn't going to be the sames as everyone else's..one will see nothing but bad, while one will see nothing but good. that's why it's up to you to decide.

and nick and mike are indeed stand up guys! david from re is. wellllll, just don't say his subs aren't perfect and you'll get along just fine.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Just because you don't know how to install an xxx in a proper box, doesn't mean RE has bad speakers :P

Just because you don't know how to install an xxx in a proper box, doesn't mean RE has bad speakers :P

He apparently has the same problem with Infinity. ;):o:finger::wacko:

grabs flame suit and pocorn

ok jordan...

the sealed box was bigger then re recommended and the ported box was exactly what re recommended...i didn't use enough power..remember? it needs all 1600wrms to get low regardless of box..lol.... :finger:

ryan...infinity..blah..lol..only old people or people who don't turn it up like infinity. otherwise they go blat, not boom..lol..

bastages... :finger::ready2go::finger::ready2go:

i should've drawn funny faces in ryan's box....lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

i should've drawn funny faces in ryan's box....lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee:slayer:

Every artist puts their signature on their work. You should've. I'd have highlighted it somehow. Don't worry, I'll find somewqy to give you some props on it. :hay::woot: