Sign in to follow this  
danieln_88

what's your thoughts??

I'm thinking about switching components. Hybrid Audio sounds what I am looking for. Anyone have experience with them and want to give me some output on them. It is a passive setup BTW.

I am thinking of doing the same. I am going to demo a L631-3 combo over at a guys house near me. I heard he won a world championship with his.I will let you know what I think.

I want the Clarus 6 1/2 set myself for my VW and see how well it matches up to my Fi sub.

Plus with the trade up offer it is hard to pass it up!

thanks i appreciate it tons!!!!!

i had planned on the legetia series myself

I am thinking of doing the same. I am going to demo a L631-3 combo over at a guys house near me. I heard he won a world championship with his.I will let you know what I think.

I want the Clarus 6 1/2 set myself for my VW and see how well it matches up to my Fi sub.

Plus with the trade up offer it is hard to pass it up!

thanks i appreciate it tons!!!!!

i had planned on the legetia series myself

If you want to go passive, you shouldn't be looking at the Legatia series. The Clarus is where you want to stay.

wow. thats all I can say. After meeting the guy and demoing his car, I am sold on Hybrid Audio. Come to find out he is also the marketing director also so he knew alot. He told me that they were coming out with passive crossovers for the Legatias soon, after they get back from CES.

i will be going with the Legatias instead of the Clarus. I ordered mine when I got home and they should be here soon

If you are doing a basic install, I doubt you will see a big difference with the Legatias over the Clarus. I'm running my Clarus actively which made them really come alive. I don't recommend running Legatias with passive xovers.

Bro... I think y'er gonna like the L1v2... :drink40: Just sayin'...

I agree with the comment about running the Clarus active, incidentally. That said, I suspect the same could be said for running any speaker with an active crossover if you know how to use it.

the only reason i don't want to run active is because of my indash. i want to keep it passive....

1) because i dont have the extra money to go with a active indash... and

2) i like the way my kenwood works.... i would like a 7" motorized din and 1/2.... but i don't know of any that are active.

but by the sounds of it the clarus series is what i am looking for

Nice, the Clarus should do great with your setup.

On another note though, you don't have to have an active capable head unit. There are quite a bit of amps capable of doing it as well.

would u guys suggest these spkrs if im lookin for loud and clear. or are these for the sq heads

They get loud enough for me. My set is eating up every bit of the 150rms I give them. But everyone's opinion of loud is different.

the only reason i don't want to run active is because of my indash. i want to keep it passive....

1) because i dont have the extra money to go with a active indash... and

2) i like the way my kenwood works.... i would like a 7" motorized din and 1/2.... but i don't know of any that are active.

but by the sounds of it the clarus series is what i am looking for

there is always an active crossover to add to a passive indash, since you want to keep your indash... :rolleyes:

A properly set-up actively-crossed over system will always out-perform even the best passive system. Here are a few brief reasons why (there are many, but this will get us started in the right direction):

Insertion Loss: Insertion loss is the passive crossover network