Sign in to follow this  
rmzsuzuki89

DP 21" Box

I ordered two DP 21" D2's from here and was wandering on how I should place them. I'm going to power them with the four JL 1000/1v2's that I have now, and this is all going in an 03 Ford Expedition. I want the box to go behind the second row of seats, so I have about 35" deep, 48" wide, and 32" high usable space to work with.

So my question is; should I wall them, or do sub up port back? I'm looking to get as loud as possible on music.

All suggestions are appreciated.

Edited by rmzsuzuki89

I would just do sub up port back because a wall that far back in the vehicle is kind of pointless. If you were going to wall it at the b pillar than that's a different story. You may also see some cabin gain by port back subs up as well.

I would just do sub up port back because a wall that far back in the vehicle is kind of pointless. If you were going to wall it at the b pillar than that's a different story. You may also see some cabin gain by port back subs up as well.

Ya thats what I was leaning towards, not ready to lose the back seats yet. My friend wants me to do sub up port up, but I don't think it'll be as good as port back. Any opinions on this?

Justin Thornton had his 2 in an expedition subs up port back

I just finished a box for 2 of these monsters for my truck. I did subs up port forward in a '06 gmc ext cab 4 door. The box is 18.5 cubes net tuned to 35.5 hz. It all double layered And flush mounted. They will be powered by 2 saz-1500ds at .5 ohms. Just waiting on the subs

can i ask why such big subs... wow factor is there a reason behind it.. i mean 18s are huge in my op...

It'll be something unique. My origional plan was to do four 18"s but I couldn't pay for the power right now. I have enough power for two DP's on hand, so I figured why not 21"s.