Sign in to follow this  
jeepbassmonkey

brand spankin new 3000d now need help!

well my 3000d just arrived and i looked on the forums and i wanted to wire my RE XXX to a 1 ohm load. well i've never wired up a monoblock with 2 outputs. so should i wire each 2 ohm coil parallel to each output or run both pairs to the terminal cup then to the sub?

2+ terms

2- terms

1 signel

both are the same its a mono block

Should just be able to use one output and wire the sub to 1 ohms.

Wire it however you like... its the same output. Having two of them just makes it easier/cleaner to wire.

Running a separate pair to each coil will net the most power. Though it will be a marginal difference. Especially if your using 8awg like you should be. If your using 10-12awg I suggest 2 pairs.

You can either wire the sub in parallel on the woofer itself then use one set OR wire one coil to each set of terminals.

Idk why its so hard for people to grasp the concept of wiring up an amp :puzzled::5shots:

i know my ohms how to wire parallel or series or a combo of both parallel/series. just new to the concept of dual outputs on a monoblock and not a 2-channel amp. so what i got is that there are 2 amps in the single frame wire in parallel unlike a 2 channel which are not linked at all unless you bridge them. will do the dual 12 gauge as 8 gauge for the woofer would be tedious.

No, there aren't two amps in a single case in a monoblock. There is one amp that just has two outputs. The two outputs are wired together immediately inside the heat sink.

If you do two runs of 12 gauge from the amp to the box that should be sufficient. Although one run of 8 gauge would be easier to run since you'd only have one set of wires instead of two.

I wasnt directing it to anyone in particular, just a general statement.

Its very simple really, pick a side to work with or use both. I like to use each set for each coil, but thats me because I use 8gauge and you cant double that up in a single terminal when parallel wiring at the speaker terminal. If I had less wire at the time,I would just use one set.

I wasnt directing it to anyone in particular, just a general statement.

I understand... Its okay. I didn't mean anything when I quoted you.

Its one of those things that when you get it, you go..... :Doh:

Sign in to follow this