Sign in to follow this  
Kickin Kia

Kickin Kia's System

Hello everybody. Some of you on here know what my system consists of, but this is for the rest of the fellas. I have a 2007 Kia Sportage with 2 12" American Bass VFL Extreme DVC 2 ohm 1500 watt rms subs powered by 2 American Bass VFL-100.1 Amplifiers. My head unit is a JVC KD AR880 CD Receiver. I have a custom bult subwoofer enclosure built buy Derrick Haddock. My electrical consist of American Bass 0 gauge power and ground cable, G34 yellow top and Excide 35 amp hour gel-cell battery and unfortunately a stock 120 amp alternator with Big 3 completed. My mids and highs are still factory. This is my second enclosure in this suv. My First was a PWK Designs Compound Loading Bass Reflex Enclosure. The loudest I have done so far is 150.2 in the passenger kick and fanning the door. My best score on the dash is 147.2 db and that is wit a 3 ohm cone rise and and less than 1500 watts rms. Here are some pics.

06-29-08_1658.jpg

06-29-08_1701.jpg

06-29-08_1704.jpg

06-29-08_1705.jpg

06-29-08_1706.jpg

07-03-08_1812.jpg

07-01-08_1754.jpg

07-03-08_1813.jpg

07-03-08_1808.jpg

100_1320.jpg

100_1584.jpg

100_1585.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1587.jpg

100_1590.jpg

100_1588.jpg

Nothing like keepin' it American!

Except for Kia....

Which is Korean......

Anyway....

how good did the first box do. what was the best direction with it. my buddy has a liberty and wanted a good sounding box that looked good so i built him a box just like that and we tried it back and then turned it up and got a noticeable diffrence in output. what was the tuning of that box compared to the second box and what is the vehicle freq.

how good did the first box do. what was the best direction with it. my buddy has a liberty and wanted a good sounding box that looked good so i built him a box just like that and we tried it back and then turned it up and got a noticeable diffrence in output. what was the tuning of that box compared to the second box and what is the vehicle freq.

The first box was designed by Pete Kulicki. He is an acoustic engineer for car and home audio. I paid 50 dollars for a set of blue prints. I did 150.2 in the passenger kickpanel and fanning my driver door. I had the box and subs firing to the rear. I have tried it facing up and lost quite a bit that way. The tuning I believe was in the lower 40's on that box. My new box is tuned at 38 hz. My vehicle freq on my current box is 52 on the dash and 55 on the floor.

Second box looks much better!

Thanks, and it sounds better and plays low as well.

just a heads up you wanna wire brush the inside of those painted terms after they paint them they clear coat them leaving the clear coat to mess with your conection...

it will still work but its better brushed

the vehicle freq is about the same as the liberty but box positioning works totally diffrent he has less room between the hatch and box though so i think it was suffocating it. it was loud as hell in the very back firing back but not very loud up front. the box is also tuned to 35hz. i plan on building a new box for him for comps tuned to 49hz with a ton of port area firing up and subs firing forward should do good with the seats down. not the best equipment for comps though a pair of type r 12's and a cadence fxa1200d. it does low 140's now with better subs and more power with a the comp box it should be better.

just a heads up you wanna wire brush the inside of those painted terms after they paint them they clear coat them leaving the clear coat to mess with your conection...

it will still work but its better brushed

Thanks a lot bigjon. Now I know why my terminals are getting loose.