Sign in to follow this  
psyched187

What Model and size

Hi all!

Finally came to the decision to go with Fi but not sure what model or size to go with. Just trying to get a little input.

I'm a daily driver and listen mainly to rap. In the past I've entered in a few local SPL competitions when I had four 12" Diamonds but nothing serious.

I'm trying to keep the price around the $300 range.

Currently I have two 12" Kappa Perfect VQ's, each in its own 1.75 cu ft slot port box and each powered by a Hifonics Brutus 1505D.

0 awg power wire. 5 farad cap. Exide orbital battery.

There is roughly 9 cu ft to work with in the back of my '97 S-10 ext cab and I'm willing to devote both amps to powering one sub.

Right now its a toss up between a 15" or 18" and either the BL, SSD or the Q. Basically... I just wanna go louder!

Any opinions are appreciated.

Well I have come to the conclusion that it's gonna be a 15" BL.

Now my next question, should I get the dual 1 ohm or the dual 2 ohm?

I'm planning to get the flatwind coil and the cooling option but don't know if one amp to each VC @ 1 ohm would be too much?

Well I have come to the conclusion that it's gonna be a 15" BL.

Now my next question, should I get the dual 1 ohm or the dual 2 ohm?

I'm planning to get the flatwind coil and the cooling option but don't know if one amp to each VC @ 1 ohm would be too much?

Are the Hifonics strappable?

How do I know if the amps are strappable?

From the looks of it, the only model of the Brutus series that is strappable is the new BX2607D.

I suppose it would not be optimal to run an amp to each VC then, huh?

How do I know if the amps are strappable?

From the looks of it, the only model of the Brutus series that is strappable is the new BX2607D.

I suppose it would not be optimal to run an amp to each VC then, huh?

Not necessarily, could always get this and use it to signal strap the amps

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=20093

Am I reading it wrong or are you wanting to run a pair of the 1505s to a single BL15D1? If so, I would definitely step up to a BTL with that kind of power.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks johnecon. If it comes down to it, that might be the route I need to go.

Yes, you are reading it right Scott. I didn't know if just the one amp would adequate.

Believe me, I would definitely upgrade to a BTL but its a step or two out of my price range.

So do you think I should just use one 1505 and get the BL15D2 instead?

That amp is only stable at 2ohm i believe so id get a d1 and later if you want you could pick up another and youll already have the amp. believe me once you get an Fi BL you'll want another as i do.

i would suggest that u save up and get a btl...u could use both amps and ud be much happier

MemphisMzd, The Hifonics Brutus 1505d is rated at 1500w @ 1 ohm.

For now I think its just gonna be one BL15D2 that I'm planning to order at the end of the month.

If I end up selling my two Kappa Perfects, then I might get a 2nd BL15.

The single BL would be fine with that amp...

The two amps together, in my opinion, not so much.

Thanks!

-Nick

For a daily driver, should I just get the flatwind coil and cooling options added?

Lastly, my buddy and I are going to attempt to build the box. This is what I came up with using RE's enclosure calculator. Do the dimensions and port size look about right for the BL15D2?

gallery_6772_219_85267.jpg

(slightly off topic but) i have a 15 bl running on a brutus 1208ixd and it kicks HARD im sure its only running around 950-1000 watts rms but its fine for what i need it for

Love the avatar. ;)

Love the amp! :D

Got it dirt cheap on ebay and it fit perfectly on my amp rack between my Hifonics amps.

I've been surfin around on ebay looking for a second matching amp, but all I can find is the zx250 in white. If I do end up finding one I'll need to redesign my amp rack.

This was my setup before getting a matching Perfect VQ and ported box.

med_gallery_6772_219_56210.jpg

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on my box specs for the BL15?

Should I try to stick close to a 4 cu ft box or can I go smaller, like 3-3.5 cu ft?

Sign in to follow this