Sign in to follow this  
benz280se

broken speaker HELP!!

scott or nick, or anybody else that knows i have a question. i have two 12's that i bought in germany and being the dummy that i am i dropped the box they were in and one of them completely broke the basket all the way around! :Doh: the woofer is still good i was able to line it up and push down and the voicecoil isnt damaged all the surround and wires are still attached. the speaker looks like it has almost the same basket as my fi 12's is it possible to take the woofer and replace the basket so i don't have to buy new woofers yet?and if so can you guys do it? or can only certain speakers be re-attached like this?

Need to know what speaker it is to determine if they have the correct parts to rebuild it.

Will need a new basket and a recone kit.

Need to know what speaker it is to determine if they have the correct parts to rebuild it.

Will need a new basket and a recone kit.

fudge! you either dropped them really hard or they are chitty baskets

whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

pictures?

No point in even fooling with it.

You need a recone and another basket...

What series are they? What is your postal code for Germany?

the speakers are esx signum series dual4 ohm 12's. heres a link to what kind they are(it's in german lol) http://www.2dehands.nl/esx-signum-sx-12-wo...746.html?qq=alu as far as me dropping them i did drop em pretty damn hard plus the speaker weighs damn near sixty pounds plus. heres a link to the pics i posted on steves website http://www.*****.com/board/ind...showtopic=35985 , i would post here but i am deployed and i cant post pics from these govt computers here cause they block everything and personal internet access is kinda ify. but it looks like i might just chalk that one up as dead i work in a sheet metal shop maybe i can fabricate something and turn it into eithera home theater speaker, modern art, or justpour gas on it and burn it lol. looks like i'm gonna get another set of ssd's to keep the one's in my other car company. :-)

ps. i am not in germany anymore otherwise i wouldv'e porbably got another one lol, but i am stationed in NC and presently in a desert location.

Edited by benz280se

Sign in to follow this