Smondo17

Speakers cutting out

1. That is the amp from Jacob. Said it was tested and works good

2. Will have to look into the ANL fuse holder. Im pretty sure that one just snaps in.

3. Not sure about the chassis paint for the ground. It never gave me a problem before. That connection is right into the floor under the seats.

4. Ill have to snap another picture of the positive terminal.

Question thought. If i was running 2 amps before and did not have a ground of power issue can they just randomly give you problems? Or when i blew my power supply because my right mid grounded on the door chassis could that have caused this problem also?

I bet it's the maxi fuse.... I'm just listing the other possibilities..

if you live somewhere where they use road salt it's very likely that the connection is bad inside the holder... remove the fuse and take a look at it..

What amps did you run before??? (lower current draws are less likely to show the power/connection issues)

The ground Has to have Bare metal contact to work... if it's not you may only be making a connection where the bolt directly contacts the metal (where it passes through it)

I would check the fuse, then I would make sure that ground connection is "good" clean it up if it's not already bare metal.

***it's possible that any of the questionable connections have become corroded during the winter months (pending on your location more likely than others)

Haha if it comes down to some salt im gana have to laugh at all this. I go to school in Boston and just recently drove up here. We had alot of snowstorms recently. When i drove up my system was working great. Im going to look into this salt issue. I really appreciate all the help. This has been a frustrating problem, but i sure did learn alot of problem solving techniques. Lets just hope this is it!

well it'd be the easiest fix so keep the fingers crossed... :)

I'd look into getting an ANL either way.. the connection is much better (IMO)