Sign in to follow this  
diablo_331

HELP NEEDED

i finished the install of two dp21's powered by two saz1500d's....all gains were set with a DMM for 1600 watts each(amps were each seeing a .5ohm load) my electrical is very good with a 250amp alt and 2 group 31's in rear and all 0/1ga..

now to my problem...i started to notice a slight rattle coming from the port...so i stuck my head in it and it was coming from one of the subs....there is no way that something could have gotten into the cooling on the sub,so thats out...i think it might be a coil unwinding but ive never had this happen so i dont know what it sounds like...i didnt get a chance to take the sub out to look at it before i left.

We can pull it out Friday night before the comp. See what we can see..... LAWD that's ganna be a busy night

When you guys figure out the problem, let me know! Or give me a call if you need help.

256-417-6658.

Thanks,

Nick

figure it out! need vids!

thats some nice customer service there by nick wow

i had a similar problem when i built the btl's first box, check to make sure the port is firmly secured to the top and bottom of the box. when i stuck my head in the port, i thought my sub was f@cked, but closer review showed that my port wall seperated from my top baffle. nothing a few screws and some titebond didnt fix:)

its worth a shot

also look for air leaks from the sub's gasket.

the subs are very secure with tnuts and they are sealed with carpet...air leaks shouldnt be a problem...the port is brad nailed, tight bond 2ed and secured with wood screws..

well i just got mine hooked up and dang. shook the rafters of the gas station and everything. anyways i need to reinforce mine as the whole box flexes so bad and i think the port busted loose. i knew i should of put some reinforcement inside the box but was to lazy and now im paying for it. other than that its loud as hell and im pretty satisfied with the end product. my thanks to the whole incriminator audio team.

the subs are very secure with tnuts and they are sealed with carpet...air leaks shouldnt be a problem...the port is brad nailed, tight bond 2ed and secured with wood screws..

ah but carpet has been the reason for air leaks for me in the past. Carpet is not a sealant, it has fibers.

Also try taking the subs out of the box and playing them free air.