Sign in to follow this  
Deebo16

Help with my decision...

Hey what's going on? So I'm in a dilemma with myself on what to do. I've decided that I want to get the D-Cons for myself. The problem is that I don't know if I should go with 2-10s or 1-12. I plan to get the JL HD600/4 so I would have 300 watts to use on the subs. Just not sure if 300watts would be good for the two subs. I mainly listen to Hip-Hop, R&B, Dancehall Reggae so I'm not even 100% sure the D-cons are the right sub for me at all. I am trying to set-up a clean sounding SQ system, but would like the bump when wanted. Can anyone give me a little bit more insight of what to do? Thanks.

Probably one 12" ported would be right for your type of music preference, but without knowing how much space you have available... it's hard to say.

As John said, it is hard to give an educated suggestion with out more info. The 12 ported will have some nice output ported off of 300 watts, but a pair of 10's do have a slight cone advantage if you wanted a little more output.

You know later on in the night I realized I should have stated what this would be going into. This would be in a 99 Nissan Altima. I plan to get the Second Skin trunk kit also to keep the trunk rattle noise down. Thanks for the replies back.

Good choice. Damplifier Pro made a big difference in my install. :)