casedawg350

box movin around

i drive an explorer, and im only gonna have 1 sub in a 2 cubic box. what are your guy's tips for keepin it in the middle right behind the back seat? thanks for any help you guys can give me.

edit: DO NOT wanna drill into the floor.

Edited by casedawg350

personally i dont like to drill into cars but but bolting it down is the best way. other things you could use are stopper blocks velcro. if all else fails get a huge box that fill up the space :)

yeah, id rather not drill through my hole cause my gas tank is under there. thanks for the input.

Edited by casedawg350

Get a sheet of 1/2" ply and carpet it, then screw down the box with some L brackets.

Get a sheet of 1/2" ply and carpet it, then screw down the box with some L brackets.

i dont get it, what keeps the ply from moving with the box? :huh:

you can use those mats that keep shit in place...i use them in my big tool box.

they feel like a rubber foam.. they work great.

You could strap it to the metal rings that are on the floor back there (at least I have a couple poking through my carpet, one on each side near the wheel wells).

Or you could make a couple L-brackets and attach one side to the box. Then get a long piece of wood and stick it underneath the carpet, spanning under the L brackets. Then bolt the L bracket to the wood under the carpet.

The sheet would be as big as the cargo area and you would cut it to fit so it couldn't move.

The sheet would be as big as the cargo area and you would cut it to fit so it couldn't move.

oh ok got it! ill have to see what i can do. thanks.

Edited by casedawg350

thats my fav. way as well, except i like to bolt the box down from the inside through the floor you make for added security.