Miles

DP 12" in a Regular Cab Dodge

Well, I finally got around to taking pictures. I'm a senior at my school, so pretty much I have free reign over the wood shop. Haha. I got started about a week ago on this box, but just kept forgetting to take pictures along the way, and luckily after talking to Nick at IA I remembered to bring my camera to school today. So far the box has 7 layers of glass (with a layer of fleece coated in resin on both sides), and I have yet to figure up exact specs, but I'm estimating around 2.5 cubes with a 6" aero that will be tuned to probably 34 hz. The original box I had in my truck was built by me a little over a year ago, and housed a Fi Bl 12. But it had a 3" aero and was severly choking the DP, but the DP was still a lot louder than the BL, even though the DP isn't even broken in yet. Hopefully I'll finish up this box next week after I put a few layers of bondo on it and get it all smooth and purdy. After it's all said and done, it will be painted gloss white, with a nice clear coat on it to keep it protected.

Here's some specs on my truck:

Headunit: Pioneer Premier 690

Door Speakers: Rockford Power series 6x9's

Kickpanel speakers: Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's

Mids amp: Powerbass ASA 400.4

Sub amp: Powerbass ASA 1500.1

Sub: Incriminator Audio DP 12 D2

Wire: All 1/0 welding cable

Electrical: 2 Batteries up front in the engine bay with Big 3 going to be ran later

Anyway, I'm probably missing something or leaving something out so if anyone has any questions don't be afraid to ask....

On to the Pics!!!!

Old box I made a year ago

P1220763.jpg

PB170096.jpg

New box :)

P1220765.jpg

P1220767.jpg

P1220770.jpg

P1220771.jpg

New DP compared to the BL which I thought was hella big at the time I got it. Lol

PC280759.jpg

PC280760.jpg

Well... I got some work done today on the box. After putting a layer of filler on first hour, I went back 7th hour and sanded it all. Now it's SOOO smooth, but I know I can get it smoother. ;) Haha. While I was waiting for the filler to dry I made my amp rack. It turned out nicer than i thought. I've got the sub amp on the bottom (in pics), and the mids amp will be on top ( I didn't have it for the picture because it's still in my truck supplying music for me. Lol). I also got a few pics of under my hood and the stinger volt meter I installed a couple days ago.

Enjoy.

P1230779.jpg

P1230780.jpg

P1230781.jpg

P1230783.jpg

P1230785.jpg

P1230775.jpg

P1230776.jpg

P1230774.jpg

Great looking sub :)

Tell us how it sounds.

wow, that DP is HUGE!!!! compared to the BL!!! whats the mounting depth of that???

You have some great skill and fab work for only being in high school!

nice job on the enclosure. what kind of dodge is that? and the year? looks like a fullsize?

Great work so far. I wish I had that much build experience in high school.

sick build so far! I think the amp rack is going to really set the whole thing off!

wow, that DP is HUGE!!!! compared to the BL!!! whats the mounting depth of that???

nice job on the enclosure. what kind of dodge is that? and the year? looks like a fullsize?

The sub is 8 3/4" deep, and I mocked the sub in there with the speaker ring to get the perfect depth, so there is about 1/4" from touching the back wall.

And this is my 10th build, so I've just a little bit of experience under my belt. Haha.

It's a 1999 Dodge ram 1500. I love the amount of room behind the seats, but I wish I had an extended cab. :(

I had NO idea that the DP was that big....literally shocked me! haha

The sub is 8 3/4" deep, and I mocked the sub in there with the speaker ring to get the perfect depth, so there is about 1/4" from touching the back wall.

And this is my 10th build, so I've just a little bit of experience under my belt. Haha.

It's a 1999 Dodge ram 1500. I love the amount of room behind the seats, but I wish I had an extended cab. :(

Yeah an ext cab makes a huge diffrence you can fit almost anything back there. :dance:

But nice work looking good :drink40:

PC280759.jpg

that BL(motor) looks like a dwarf compared to DP :bigclap: :bigclap:

nice build btw .... :drink40:

that BL(motor) looks like a dwarf compared to DP :bigclap: :bigclap:

nice build btw .... :drink40:

Haha. I was a little scared when I first got it even though I read up on all the specs of this sub, I was still very surprised when I got it. Everyone at school cannot believe how big this thing is. Oh, and some idiot kid had his phone laying about 8 inches from the DP,and it sucked it right it. Unfortunatly it turned the phone screen blue, but I thought it was hella funny when it happened. Good thing is wasn't my phone. Stupid kids. Lol.

That's how I am with my wood shop, just without the senior part lol I am using my shop to build my wall.

Is audio big in your school?

Edited by bassahaulic

That's how I am with my wood shop, just without the senior part lol I am using my shop to build my wall.

Kinda, but at the same time not really. There was one kid in town that started the craze by he is a completely dumbass. He spent $12,000 on his setup, which consists of 4 12w7's powered by 2 powerbass XA3000d's. All of this in a blowthrough design in a '94 chevy extended cab truck (which is a big piece of chit). And of course the fact that this past fall he went to that audio institute in Florida which exploded his head to an unpurportional size. So he's automatically mr. badass of the town. The funny thing is, I build a system for a ford extended cab ranger, which consisted of 2 18" Bl's walled off powered by a Memphis 4k, and it's a hell of a lot louder than the kid with the blowthrough. Everyone in my school will come to me if they want a system designed of built, but now that that one kid came back from audio school, everyone thinks he's god. He just built a box for 2 12's and installed and everything for $100. And it is definitaly a $100 install. Lol. He says he's going to move away and find an audio shop to hire him, but he's just one of those losers that will stay in this small town forever and piss everyone off at the same time.

Kinda, but at the same time not really. There was one kid in town that started the craze by he is a completely dumbass. He spent $12,000 on his setup, which consists of 4 12w7's powered by 2 powerbass XA3000d's. All of this in a blowthrough design in a '94 chevy extended cab truck (which is a big piece of chit). And of course the fact that this past fall he went to that audio institute in Florida which exploded his head to an unpurportional size. So he's automatically mr. badass of the town. The funny thing is, I build a system for a ford extended cab ranger, which consisted of 2 18" Bl's walled off powered by a Memphis 4k, and it's a hell of a lot louder than the kid with the blowthrough. Everyone in my school will come to me if they want a system designed of built, but now that that one kid came back from audio school, everyone thinks he's god. He just built a box for 2 12's and installed and everything for $100. And it is definitaly a $100 install. Lol. He says he's going to move away and find an audio shop to hire him, but he's just one of those losers that will stay in this small town forever and piss everyone off at the same time.

OHHHHHH LAWD I hate those people.

I wish i could get $12,000 to drop into my system. ha

I came to my new school this year, with 2 L715"s and 1000 rms. They where completely wowed..... I hated those L7's so much lol. Loud out here is 2 10"s in a sealed box..... not good 10"s either, like bazooka. :Doh:

OHHHHHH LAWD I hate those people.

I wish i could get $12,000 to drop into my system. ha

I came to my new school this year, with 2 L715"s and 1000 rms. They where completely wowed..... I hated those L7's so much lol. Loud out here is 2 10"s in a sealed box..... not good 10"s either, like bazooka. :Doh:

Exactly. Haha. If I had $12,000 dollars to blown on audio, I'd better be hitting over a 160. Lol. This kid can only do a 148.5, but at 25hz. Still, it's only a 148.5. Haha. And even with my old box with the small port that was pretty much choking the sub, people could hear me from about 6 city blocks away. Nobody can believe I've only got one 12 when they see my setup. But that's what I really like. Not a big setup, but still being very loud.

I'm about to be scaring the kids in my school, 4 DD subs, 2-4 Sundown amps..... and LOTS of other stuff lol

I'm about to be scaring the kids in my school, 4 DD subs, 2-4 Sundown amps..... and LOTS of other stuff lol

Which DD subs? And yeah, audio is starting to get big at my school but in reality theres only about a max of 20 kids with subs out of like 1500... Still seems like a lot though, you know?

Yeah, I know what ya mean.

For now just four 2515"s, I just wanna get the wall and everything done by Scrapin. So I'm not going all out on the first wall.

Which DD subs? And yeah, audio is starting to get big at my school but in reality theres only about a max of 20 kids with subs out of like 1500... Still seems like a lot though, you know?

Wow, out of 1500 that go to my school I can only think of about 10 guys with sound systems. My friends and I stay on top of the game. Team DNA Audio FTW.

Oh wow. I would hate to go to a school that big. My graduating class is 40, and out of the entire school of about 200, there are probably 15 kids with systems. Lol.

Oh wow. I would hate to go to a school that big. My graduating class is 40, and out of the entire school of about 200, there are probably 15 kids with systems. Lol.

Haha 1500 isn't to bad..... we have 600+ on A-Lunch alone.... lol